7th 1955 F1 Championship - 05 - Annual Los Angeles Times Grand Prix

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Responder
Xug

7th 1955 F1 Championship - 05 - Annual Los Angeles Times Grand Prix

Mensaje por Xug »

7th 1955 F1 Championship

Imagen

Circuito / Track: Riverside 1966

Día de carrera / Race date: 25 de marzo de 2024 / March 25th 2024

Vueltas / Laps: 21

:!: Área de boxes para instalaciones y actualizaciones gráficas para los circuitos de la temporada / Install and update files for this season's tracks :arrow:
:!: Descarga de la pista en Track Database / Track Database download :arrow:
:!: Información de la pista en GPL Weekly / Track info page on GPL Weekly Imagen

ImagenImagen

Normas / Rules :arrow:
  • Modo pro / Pro mode
    40-45 minutos de carrera / 40-45 minutes race
    En modo pro no es posible reiniciar / Under pro mode rules there is no [shift]+[r]
    Prohibido adelantar bajo bandera amarilla / Overtaking is not allowed under yellow flags
Sesiones de entrenamientos / Practice sessions [30 min Q + 15 min short training race]
  • domingo / Sunday
    • FP1 - 21.30 h
      FP2 - 22.15 h
      FP3 - 23.00 h
    lunes / Tuesday
    • FP4 - 21.00 h

Carrera / Race

21.55 h Encuentro en el iGOR / VROC (sala PDLR, sin contraseña), bienvenida y contraseña para entrar en el servidor / Racers meet at iGOR / VROC (chatroom: PDLR, no password), welcome and password for the race server
22.00 h - 22.30 h Calificación de 30 min / Qualification, 30 min
22.30 h - 23.15 h Carrera en modo pro larga, de 40 min a 45 min / Race: pro long mode, about 40-45 minutes

(Todas las horas son CET o, del 31 de marzo al 27 de octubre, CEST. / All times are CET or, from March 31st to October 27th, CEST)
Imagen
Clive Loynes

Re: 7th 1955 F1 Championship - 05 - Annual Los Angeles Times Grand Prix

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

2:01.55 is my best offering at the moment in the Lancia but that involved three near crashes.
There are some very tricky bits to this circuit and I could have sworn that the last corner was a banking!
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:director:

Around 22.15 training time :piloto:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Nice laps with Gaizka led me to 2.03

:piloto:
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

Buena sesión de entrenos ayer con Aita para romper el hielo. Me encuentro cómodo hasta T6 y luego un poco pato en T7 y T8, por lo que todavía me faltan vueltas. A ver si lo soluciono en las sesiones de entrenamientos libres del domingo.

:piloto:

Just completed my first laps with Tago yesterday. I am comfortable all the way to turn 6 but I need more laps to achieve the same with turns 7, 8 & 9. In resume, lots of homework for me during this Sunday's Free Practice sessions.
GPL Rank = -92.907
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:director: Training times

Código: Seleccionar todo

1	G. Lopez55 	FER 	1:59.77
2 	C. Loynes55 	LAN 	1:59.91
3 	P. Skingley55 	CON 	2:01.58
4 	tagomago55 	LAN 	2:02.21
5 	N. Xug 		FER 	2:07.57 
Clive got his 59 :bien:

Good luck all for the race :piloto:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Great racing time at Riverside :piloto:

Imagen

Grats to Gaizka for the win :primero: :tonto: :cava: Paul :segundo: :tonto: :raquel: and Clive :tercero: :tonto: :raquel:

Thx all for racing :baba:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

I am so sorry Doni ... was enjoying a lot ... maybe I was too much conservative ... you were pushing me to red brakes and I was trying to calm down myself while trying also to keep you in my back

I was sure you was going to win me but with some fight :P :D

Anyway great laps together :bien:

Thx all for racing :piloto:
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

A race that was a positive ripper till...

I'll take responsibility for the collision, Tago. So sorry that it upended you. I retired on the spot not wishing to continue after seeing you inverted in my mirror. I had originally thought as it happened real time that maybe you got a bit sideways and lost speed compared to previous laps but in viewing the replay cap, I'm not so sure of that. For whatever reason, I couldn't avoid and rammed your bottom. A sad end to a great race. I may have been captured by the fence on the outfield of the corner so continuing was problematic in any event.

Gaizka another flag-to-flag victory. Is there a turbo under his bonnet? ;)

Have you seen the last-lap dramas for P2 between Paul and Clive? Holy smokes! Talk about being on the ragged edge! :) Paul survives for a good P2 with Clive P3 and Ricky not all that far behind in P4. Well done, lads.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Congratulations to Gaizka and Paul.

Bit of a disaster on my part.

I managed a good qually lap to be close to Gaizka but that was where the good news finished.

I made a good start but Gaizka was first to T1, where I had to take a wide line because I didn't know where Paul had got to. I think that I spotted him after T1 and was able to take a better line into T2 but Gaizka was already gone.

I was still in the tow but not close enough to gain on him. I pulled away from Paul but then things went wrong. I was having to use throttle and brake together, to keep things under control in the complex before the long straight, 67 style. After a few laps it became apparent, after a couple of offs, that this was ok for a qually lap but was not sustainable over a race distance. This resulted in Paul getting in to my slipstream and closing right up. At about half distance I went wide at the last corner and Paul was through to second spot.

It took me the rest of the race to catch him again, with revised brake management, and as we went into the last lap I was right with him. Paul had a sandy moment after T2 and made a complete mess of following him through T3 and T4, which left me pasted against the straw bales. That was the battle over. I was grateful to still have all four wheels attached and had a quiet drive to the finish.

See you at the next round.

Felicitaciones a Gaizka y Paul.

Un poco desastroso por mi parte.

He conseguido una buena vuelta de clasificación para estar cerca de Gaizka pero ahí se han acabado las buenas noticias.

He hecho una buena salida pero Gaizka ha llegado primero a la T1, donde he tenido que tomar una trazada ancha porque no sabía dónde había llegado Paul. Creo que lo vi después de la T1 y pude tomar mejor trazada en la T2 pero Gaizka ya se había ido.

Todavía estaba remolcado pero no lo suficientemente cerca como para alcanzarlo. Me alejé de Paul pero luego las cosas salieron mal. Tuve que usar el acelerador y el freno al mismo tiempo para mantener las cosas bajo control en el complejo antes de la larga recta estilo 67. Después de algunas vueltas se hizo evidente, después de un par de salidas, que esto estaba bien para una vuelta de clasificación pero no era sostenible en una distancia de carrera. Esto resultó en que Paul se metiera en mi estela y se acercara de inmediato. Aproximadamente a mitad de distancia me desvié en la última curva y Paul pasó al segundo lugar.

Me llevó el resto de la carrera volver a alcanzarlo, con una gestión de frenos revisada, y cuando llegamos a la última vuelta estaba justo a su lado. Paul tuvo un momento de arena después de la T2 e hizo un completo desastre al seguirlo por la T3 y la T4, lo que me dejó pegado a los fardos de paja. Esa fue la batalla terminada. Agradecí tener todavía las cuatro ruedas montadas y conducir tranquilamente hasta la meta.

Nos vemos en la próxima ronda.
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Thanks for the race.

From the times in training I knew I had to be in the tow of a faster car to be in the fight, but in the race I could not hang on in the early stages.

Clive lost some time around half distance and by now my tires were working well and some of the fuel was burnt off.
I was within a second of Clive and could see Gaizka not that far ahead of both of us. But after passing Clive I had no tow and my pace dropped.
The last couple of laps were messy from me as Clive caught me. Sorry if I distracted you when I went off road.

Well done Gaizka for the win and Clive for the podium.

Thanks for organising and hosting

Gracias por la carrera.

Por los tiempos en los entrenamientos sabía que tenía que ir a remolque de un coche más rápido para estar en la lucha, pero en la carrera no pude aguantar en los primeros compases.

Clive perdió algo de tiempo en torno a la mitad de la carrera y, para entonces, mis neumáticos ya funcionaban bien y había quemado algo de combustible.
Estaba a menos de un segundo de Clive y podía ver a Gaizka no muy lejos de nosotros. Pero después de pasar a Clive no tenía remolque y mi ritmo bajó.
Las últimas vueltas fueron un desastre para mí, ya que Clive me alcanzó. Siento haberle distraído cuando me salí de la carretera.

Enhorabuena a Gaizka por la victoria y a Clive por el podio.

Gracias por organizar y acoger
Responder