4th 1969 F1 Trophy - 02 - Grande Prêmio do Brasil

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Xug

4th 1969 F1 Trophy - 02 - Grande Prêmio do Brasil

Mensaje por Xug »

4th 1969 F1 Trophy

Imagen

Circuito / Track: Curitiba 1972

Día de carrera / Race date: 3 de mayo de 2022 / May 3rd 2022

Vueltas / Laps: 33

:!: Área de boxes para instalaciones y actualizaciones gráficas para los circuitos de la temporada / Install and update files for this season's tracks :arrow: (Guía breve de Mezcua / Mezcua's short guide :arrow:)
:!: Información de la pista en GPL Weekly / Track info page on GPL Weekly Imagen

ImagenImagen

Normas / Rules :arrow:
  • Modo pro / Pro mode
    40-45 minutos de carrera / 40-45 minutes race
    En modo pro no es posible reiniciar / Under pro mode rules there is no [shift]+[r]
    Prohibido adelantar bajo bandera amarilla / Overtaking is not allowed under yellow flags
Sesiones de entrenamientos / Practice sessions [30 min Q + 15 min short training race]
  • lunes / Monday
    • FP1 - 21.30 h
      FP2 - 22.15 h
      FP3 - 23.00 h

martes / Tuesday
    • FP4 - 21.00 h
Carrera / Race

21.55 h Encuentro en el iGOR / VROC (sala PDLR, sin contraseña), bienvenida y contraseña para entrar en el servidor / Racers meet at iGOR / VROC (chatroom: PDLR, no password), welcome and password for the race server
22.00 h - 22.30 h Calificación de 30 min / Qualification, 30 min
22.30 h - 23.15 h Carrera en modo pro larga, de 35 min a 45 min / Race: pro long mode, about 35-45 minutes

(Todas las horas son CET o, del 28 de marzo al 31 de octubre, CEST. / All times are CET or, from March 28th to October 31st, CEST)
Imagen
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

I fully expect to make the show, amigos. Mothers! Hide your daughters! :)
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

Great Doni :bien:

Llego sin entrenos a esta pista por culpa de un traslado :roll:
I arrive with no training at all because of a house relocation

La pista la conozco por haber rodado con Doni con el 67 no hace mucho :piloto: a ver que tal :P

I know the track for having driven with Doni with 67 not far ago ... let's see what's going on

:director: Starting Free Practice sessions in some minutes :piloto: drivers welcome
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

1:21.51 :piloto:

Really tired ... see you tomorrow :wink:
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

:piloto: pues he podido hacer 2 sesiones cortas y he podido hacer un 20.6 un poco afortunado. pero: ayer me di cuen de que no voy a poder estar por un compromiso. pasarselo bien y nos vemos en 2 semanas

Well, I have been able to do 2 short practice sessions and I have reached 20.6, a bit lucky. but: yesterday I realized that I will not be able to race because of a commitment. have fun and see you in 2 weeks
Imagen
Tommie van Ostade

Mensaje por Tommie van Ostade »

I hope to make it too after the Gplracer Assen '65 event :)

More good news, after about an hours worth of practice, my right Force Feedback motor works again :) at least for the time being. It felt choppy and out of sync somehow after Stardust, but it's realigned itself somehow. I hope it holds up long enough for my replacement wheel to arrive :) .

BTW, I made a couple of car updates for the '69s, you can find them here:

http://grandprixlegends.c1.biz/tvo/

Tommie.
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

:piloto: está cayendo el diluvio universal todo el dia y se ha cancelado lo que tenia q hacer, así q ahí estaré :)
It's been a storm all day and what I had to do has been cancelled, so I'll be there
Imagen
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Tommie van Ostade escribió:I hope to make it too after the Gplracer Assen '65 event :)

More good news, after about an hours worth of practice, my right Force Feedback motor works again :) at least for the time being. It felt choppy and out of sync somehow after Stardust, but it's realigned itself somehow. I hope it holds up long enough for my replacement wheel to arrive :) .

BTW, I made a couple of car updates for the '69s, you can find them here:

http://grandprixlegends.c1.biz/tvo/

Tommie.
:D great news with your wheel and many thx for the 69 car updates :bien:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Xug escribió::piloto: está cayendo el diluvio universal todo el dia y se ha cancelado lo que tenia q hacer, así q ahí estaré :)
It's been a storm all day and what I had to do has been cancelled, so I'll be there
:D great news too :pelea:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Yestarday free practices:

:arrow: FP1

:arrow: FP2

:director: Starting Free Practice 4 in five minutes ... drivers welcome :piloto:

:arrow: FP4

Good luck all for today :wink:
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

vaya, la misma tormenta que me ha permitido estar en casa me impide participar: ya se ha ido 5 veces la luz mientras intentaba entrar, asi q lo he dejado no se vaya a romper algo. disfrutad :piloto:

wow, the same storm that allowed me to be at home prevents me from participating: the power has already gone out 5 times while I was trying to join the racce, so I have left, im afraid something could break. have fun
Imagen
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Xug escribió:vaya, la misma tormenta que me ha permitido estar en casa me impide participar: ya se ha ido 5 veces la luz mientras intentaba entrar, asi q lo he dejado no se vaya a romper algo. disfrutad :piloto:

wow, the same storm that allowed me to be at home prevents me from participating: the power has already gone out 5 times while I was trying to join the racce, so I have left, im afraid something could break. have fun
Qué lástima :cabreo: A pity

Enhorabuena al podium de hoy Congratulations to today's podium

Imagen

Tommie :primero: :tonto: Paul :segundo: and Tago :tercero:

Thx all for racing :piloto: :baba:
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Fun stuff at Curitiba! I must confess that the first couple of times that I ran here, I didn't much care for this circuit. I was having great difficulty with the Pinheirinho hairpin complex. The approach, the run through and the exit had me somewhat in a tizzy. However, with some pre-race testing for this PDLR event in both the Al Pease Eagle and Brabham BT20, I finally came to grips with that section and now quite enjoy it when I hit it right.

Bravo to Tommie for the win! Plaudits to both Paul and Tago for rounding out the podium.

I must say that it's a pleasure to see Tommie back in the GPL wars after a long absence. He and I go back quite a long way in GPL competition.

As noted above, I practiced both the Pease Eagle and BT20. The Eagle is so completely outclassed that you must wonder why I bother. Well, for one, I don't like aero assists and secondly, I saw Al Pease race dozens of times at Mosport in club races and he was a consistent winner. His rides included a astonishingly fast MGB c/w supercharger and an Alfa TZ coupe. He even did some F5000 races in a Lola T140 in the late 60's. My attempt is to get the car to qualify within the 110% cutoff rule as was the case back in the day. Pease didn't meet that standard at Mosport back in the 1969 GP but the organizers decided to let him run anyway. Bad mistake. He was hopelessly off the pace and a mobile chicane earning the nick, 'Yellow Peril'.

Here at Curitiba, I managed to best my pre-race time with a 1m25.47s effort which I hoped was good enough to make the cut. I knew that it would be close. Rather late on, my heart sank as Paul carved out a 1m17.60s lap and a quick calculation showed that the standard to meet was a 1m25.36s for the cut. Groan... I parked the Eagle and grabbed the BT20 which I knew could make 24's. Off the grid, I had Ricky in sight but he was gradually pulling away. Then he up and disappeared early on leaving me in P4. I ran the car pretty hard hoping to limit myself to finishing just one lap down to the winner and only just made as Tommie was closing fast at the flag. Set a new PB of a 1m23.49s lap along the way. It was good fun! :)
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Bad luck :(

Fun track with the 1969 cars.
Even if you do not like aero you must admit that NART 312 is a good looking car. :)

In the race Tommie and I pulled away but I had quite a few errors losing time

Grats to Tommie and Tago for the podiums.

Thanks for organising and hosting.

Enrique, you had the Lotus 63 which is one of the all wheel drive cars but are quite heavy and slow.
The fastest Lotus is the 49B

Doni, you could use the 49B and select no wing in your setup, then use a graphic option with no wings so you have the Monza spec.

This is how I would rank the cars.

Matra MS80
Lotus 49B
Brabham BT26
Mclaren M7
Matra MS10
Ferrari 312
BRM P138/126

Lotus 63
Matra MS84
Mclaren M9

Lotus 49
Brabham BT24
Cooper T86
Brabham BT20
Eagle TiF

P.S Tommie - maybe we should take slower cars ?
quico

Mensaje por quico »

El día antes había dado unas vueltas y el viernes entré al server a ver si la conexión era buena para no tener un disgusto como el de la última carrera. Todo funcionó bien, y dejé el server con un tiempo de 1 19 20 con el BRM. Pensaba que tendría opciones para hacer una buena carrera, pero esa fue la última vez que pude tocar el GPL.
La noche de la carrera me surgió una cena y no pude correr.

Enhorabuena a los que os divertisteis!

The day before I had done a few laps and on Friday I went to the server to see if the connection was good so as not to have an upset like the one in the last race. Everything worked fine, and I left the server with a time of 1 19 20 with the BRM. I thought I would have a chance to have a good race, but that was the last time I was able to touch the GPL.
The night of the race a dinner came up and I couldn't run.

Congratulations to those of you who had fun!
no corrais que es peor...
Responder