5th 1955 F1 Championship - 08 - BUA Intl Trophy Meeting

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Xug

5th 1955 F1 Championship - 08 - BUA Intl Trophy Meeting

Mensaje por Xug »

5th 1955 F1 Championship

Imagen

Circuito / Track: Crystal Palace

Día de carrera / Race date: 22 de marzo de 2022 / March 22nd 2022

Vueltas / Laps: 42

:!: Área de boxes para instalaciones y actualizaciones gráficas para los circuitos de la temporada / Install and update files for this season's tracks :arrow: (Guía breve de Mezcua / Mezcua's short guide :arrow:)
:!: Información de la pista en GPL Weekly / Track info page on GPL Weekly Imagen

ImagenImagen

Normas / Rules :arrow:
  • Modo pro / Pro mode
    40-45 minutos de carrera / 40-45 minutes race
    En modo pro no es posible reiniciar / Under pro mode rules there is no [shift]+[r]
    Prohibido adelantar bajo bandera amarilla / Overtaking is not allowed under yellow flags
Sesiones de entrenamientos / Practice sessions [30 min Q + 15 min short training race]
  • lunes / Monday
    • FP1 - 21.30 h
      FP2 - 22.15 h
      FP3 - 23.00 h

martes / Tuesday
    • FP4 - 21.00 h
Carrera / Race

21.55 h Encuentro en el iGOR / VROC (sala PDLR, sin contraseña), bienvenida y contraseña para entrar en el servidor / Racers meet at iGOR / VROC (chatroom: PDLR, no password), welcome and password for the race server
22.00 h - 22.30 h Calificación de 30 min / Qualification, 30 min
22.30 h - 23.15 h Carrera en modo pro larga, de 35 min a 45 min / Race: pro long mode, about 35-45 minutes

(Todas las horas son CET o, del 28 de marzo al 31 de octubre, CEST. / All times are CET or, from March 28th to October 31st, CEST)
Imagen
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

Great time on track with Paul, Martin and Gaiz :piloto: :baba:

My best 1.00.56

59.xx for Paul and Gaiz :bien:
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

I was chatting to Gaizka and Tago in training and mentioned I had been to Crystal Palace several times as a kid in the 60's. Sometimes to watch the racing but also to see the dinosaurs.
In the mid 1800's they constructed full size models of what they thought dinosaurs would have looked like.
They got it a bit wrong but still convincing monsters to a small child.

Apparently they are still there. The display is the other side of the wall at the Ramp turn.
More info here.
https://cpdinosaurs.org/visit/what-are- ... dinosaurs/

:)
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D Interesting Paul :bien:

:director: Free practice sessions 1 - 3 just started :piloto: drivers welcome

:wink:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D

Martin también nos comenta que nació a 10 Km del circuito :shock: ... así que ojo para mañana porque corren en casa :prrr:

Martin also says a curiosity that he was born 10 Km far from the track :shock: ... Be careful for tomorrow ... they are racing at home :prrr:

Fiesta de entrenos :piloto: :baba: Great training time at Crystal Palace

:arrow: FP1

:arrow: FP2

:arrow: FP3

Thx all for racing :wink:
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

I too have childhood memories of Crystal Palace as I grew up in Reading.

I hope to be there tonight but I'm currently running on paracetamol, trying to fight off the latest bug that my two year old granddaughter has shared with me. She is very generous!
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:shock: Clive también corre en casa :jo: espero que te mejores para la carrera :P

:shock: Clive is also running at home :jo: hope you feel better for the race :P
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:director: Starting FP4 drivers welcome :piloto:

:arrow: FP4

Good luck all for today :bien:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Great racing night at Crystal Palace :bien:

Imagen

Grats to Paul for the win :primero: :tonto: Gaizka for second :segundo: :tonto: and Doni for a fighted third :tercero: :raquel:

Thx all for racing :piloto: :baba:
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Protesto. Yo he terminado la carrera.
no corrais que es peor...
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:oops: Este server es un desconsiderado ... lo miramos ... ya está la repe

Replay and reports just cooked :tortilla:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D Quico

Acabas la carrera 6º en la misma vuelta que Lasse a pocos segundos de él, o sea que obtienes 1 punto

El servidor te pierde en la vuelta 8 ... luego en la 9 se ve que estás ahi hasta el final aunque el servidor ya no te asigna tiempos

Ruedas 5º hasta la vuelta 35 que Lasse te supera por que vas algo tocadillo :bien:

You finish the race 6th on the same lap as Lasse a few seconds behind him, so you get 1 point.

The server loses you on lap 8 ... then on lap 9 you are there until the end but the server no longer assigns you times.

You are 5th until lap 35 when Lasse overtakes you because you are a little bit touched
:bien:
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Gracias por la organización y la acogida.

Mala suerte Enrique por tu problema de motor en la salida.

Yo era el segundo en la parrilla, pero lideré después de que el 250 F explotara.
En las primeras vueltas he apretado al máximo para abrir un segundo o dos sobre Gaizka. A partir de ahí he intentado mantener un ritmo constante cuidando los frenos.

La diferencia aumentaba y disminuía, pero pude mantener el liderato y tomar la bandera.

Enhorabuena a Gaizka por su segundo puesto y a Doni por el tercero.

Gracias a todos por correr.

Thanks for organising and hosting.

Bad luck Enrique for your engine problem at the start.

I was 2nd on the grid but led after the 250 F exploded.
I pushed hard in the first few laps to open up a second or two over Gaizka. From then I tried to keep a steady pace while looking after the brakes.

The gap increased and decreased but I was able to hold on to the lead and take the flag.

Well done Gaizka for 2nd and Doni for 3rd.

Thanks all for racing.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Sorry to anyone that I clattered into last night.
In my current state of health I obviously shouldn't have bothered trying.
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

I don't expect that too many put money down on my Maser netting a podium here at Crystal Palace. A ho-hum qualifying effort to start P9. Well... Miracles DO happen. :)

Bravo to Paul on a fine win and to Gaizka for keeping him honest for a worthy P2.

Off the grid, I was surprised to bounce a couple of starters straight away. Staying left, I picked up another place going into North Tower. There, Clive fell off the road and I could hardly believe that within a kilometer of the start, I was up to P4 chasing Tago. Of course, this lofty placing came with its hazards. I now had Lasse and Jorge buzzing around my tail in the Gordinis but some collisions knocked them back in the former case or eliminated them altogether in the latter. Bad luck there, fellas.

This all left me free and clear to concentrate on Tago who was driving cleanly with good pace. Only a tiny error in South Tower at mid-distance gave me the chance to slip by for P3. Tago's counter-attacks came thick and fast but he's mindful of the risks involved and was not about to throw everything into the bin with a ill-judged pass attempt. He's as solid and dependable as they come. The laps ticked off with Tago always my shadow and I just made it home to P3 with a small advantage to spare. PHEW!

I was surprised that I didn't tire much through this race. It's a short and somewhat busy lap but I did find time to take the odd sip of tea on the back straight to help keep my concentration up. I'll readily confess that my drive in qualifying and the race was nothing to be proud of. I swear that I didn't take any given corner the same twice. The tricky Ramp Bend and South Tower both had me foxed. Typically, I take Ramp Bend in 3rd gear but I bungled it so badly on one pass that I had to go down to 2nd and hope to stay off the wall. Only just made it. One thing that was a plus is learning that it was best to take Park in 3rd gear instead of 2nd. Fewer revs and more control. What is it that John Watson is fond of saying? 'Less haste, more speed.'
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Responder