7th 1955 F1 Championship - 09 - Gran Premio de España

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Mezcua

Re: 7th 1955 F1 Championship - 09 - Gran Premio de España

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

Free practice times

Código: Seleccionar todo

1 	G. Lopez55 	FER 	1:42.96
2 	C. Loynes55 	LAN 	1:44.82
3 	Quico 		MAS 	1:46.17
2 	tagomago55 	LAN 	1:46.85
3 	P. Skingley55 	CON 	1:47.17
4 	N. Xug 		FER 	1:52.90 
:piloto:
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Tell me, is it true that the curbs were originally designed to stop tanks? :boink:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:prrr:

Starting Free Practice 4 ... drivers welcome :bien:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Good luck all for the race :piloto: ;)
quico

Mensaje por quico »

En el tiempo de espera entre calificación y carrera aparecí de pronto en la pantalla en la que ponemos la password, que estaba puesta todavía, así que click en el botón verde y otra vez dentro, pero unos segundos después me lo volvió a hacer y el server ya había echado la llave.
Para consolarme, me di yo solo media docena de vueltas y pillé un 1 45 17 que suavizó un poco la cosa. No sé si es elrouter de vodafone o el I5 que heredé de mi hijo, pero desde que no está mi viejo cacharro es raro que acabe una carrera sin incidentes de estos.
O bien el circuito ya no me soporta y no me quiere ni ver.

During the waiting time between qualifying and the race I suddenly appeared on the screen where we enter the password, which was still set, so I clicked on the green button and entered again, but a few seconds later it did it again and the server had already locked it.
To console myself, I did half a dozen laps on my own and caught a 1 45 17 which smoothed things out a bit. I don't know if it's the Vodafone router or the I5 that I inherited from my son, but since my old machine is gone, it's rare that I finish a race without any of these incidents.
Or the track can't stand me anymore and doesn't even want to see me.
no corrais que es peor...
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Que lastima Quico .. pensaba que tendriamos algunas batallas juntos :ahorcado:
Too bad Quico ... I thought we would have some fights together

Estreno de Jarama68 con nuestros queridos bólidos del 55 :piloto:
Premiere of Jarama68 with our beloved 55's

Imagen

Congratulations Gaiz for a great pace and win :primero: :tonto: :cava: Clive for :segundo: :tonto: :raquel: and tago :tercero: :raquel:

Thx all for racing ;)
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Gaizka just on fire here. So what else is new?

Clive survives a couple of dramas to claim P2.

Tago a good run to P3.

Well done, chaps.

Can't say why Paul was a no-show. Too bad. We could have used him.

Gutted that Quico couldn't take the start. Considering that this is his baby, a true tragedy.

Sorry to have lost Xuggy on Lap07 to a shunt that pruned off the left-front wheel. Bad luck there.

In pre-race trials, I had set a best of 1m49.99s and hoped to improve on that in official qualifying. That plan went to the dumper early on as I experienced the intermittent glitch that has been surfacing over the last six weeks or so. This is a complete loss of sound coupled with the keyboard becoming non-functional. To deal with this, short of pushing the cpu reset button, I have found that the only solution is pull over and try to blow up the engine. As noted, I cannot return to the menu as the keyboard is dead. If you passed me parked on the infield down there just beyond Fangio in qualifying, that was my attempt to blow the engine. It gets mighty hot I can tell you. I've seen upwards of 400°F before it fails. Luckily, it did fail and put me back to the menu where normal service was restored. PHEW!

Off the grid, I managed to get ahead of Xuggy and follow Tago over the first lap. I edged away from Xuggy and tried hard to stay with Tago. Too hard. On Lap06, I ran out of brakes and talent to skate off the road at Nuvolari and drill the barrier there quite hard. Lucky to have survived that. This was a little wake-up call to mind my P's & Q's for the remainder of the race and just get it home safely. I fully expected to be lapped in this considering the speed of Gaizka and Clive and wasn't in the least surprised to see the red Ferrari in my mirrors on Lap19. Pulled over and let Gaizka pass without drama on the home straight.

On to the Isle of Man and the Mountain Course for our season finale. It's sure to be a thriller! :)
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Sorry I missed the race.
I was not feeling well and was in bed by 9 pm.

Glad you had some fun.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Mejorate Paul :abrazo:
Get well Paul ...
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

It was nothing serious.
I had had a stressful day which led to a migraine headache and nausea. When that happens I have to get somewhere dark and close my eyes.

The next day I was fine :)
Clive Loynes

Glad to hear that Paul has recovered.

My race was ok for about seven laps and then the first of about three errors meant that I had lost touch with Gaizka. I was only ever in a race to be second but my small errors kept throwing me at the curbs and fences.

Happy to bring it home in one piece.

Great drive from Gaizka as usual.

I know that the curbs have been accurately modelled but they seem to be more than GPL can cope with. Either that, or there is a stray element on the trailing edge of each curb that behaves like a brick wall!

This is probably my last outing for this season, as I don't fancy IoM, but I was wondering if future seasons might be more enjoyable as spec races? Each round having a designated car and just to make things even more interesting, Gaizka could give us his setup. :D Just a thought.

Probably see you next year.

Have a great time racing the lesser mods and many thanks for the 55mod action.
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Hello, Clive,

Curbs are not too acurate, as I know what happens with gpl. I tried to did them in accordance with that. Neither I have the exact meassures of curbs, I made them based only in videos and pics.

It could be that I made few tests, or maybe we use to run with very low setups...

I think I made beginings ands ends of curbs lower than real, but it can be changed in the future to better adaptation to gpl.

There are sections of about 90cm before and after each curb to make the change of height not too hard.

Also it must be kept in mind this drawings I made, specially important mainly at the begining but also at the end of curbs:

ImagenImagen

I want to know if you find all the curbs unsuitable or have a particular point you find especially bad.

I hope you will be here mext year!
Clive Loynes

Hi Quico,

It could well be that it is diagram 2 that shows what I have experienced but I will have to do more testing, perhaps over summer when the racing goes quiet.

Cheers

Clive
quico

Mensaje por quico »

thanks for your quick reply, Clive.
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

Paul_S escribió: Mié May 22, 2024 6:03 pmIt was nothing serious.
The next day I was fine :)
Glad to hear that. We truly missed you! :amor:
Plus Quico (that is so not right, Internet! :nova:), Enrique, Stewy, Birle, Cayo, Troop, Nieva, Blood, Karak, Lasse, Petr, Will, Martin, Philippe... and so many others :llorar:
GPL Rank = -92.907
Responder