7th 1955 F1 Championship - 08 - Easter Race

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Clive Loynes

Re: 7th 1955 F1 Championship - 08 - Easter Race

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Congratulations to the podium and thank you Paul for your commiserations but as I said in chat, if I never race here again it will be too soon!
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

A DNF with only a handful of laps to run might lead one to think that my race was a gross disappointment. To some degree, yes, but...

Another fine drive from Gaizka to score a convincing victory. Well done, sir. Paul the usual standout run in the less-than-top drawer Connie to finish P2. Tago keeping it close right up to the flag with a good P3.

Sorry to have lost Xuggy to blown engine on Lap07.

In the race, I was surprised at one point early on to see that Clive was next man ahead as it had been Tago. Then, Clive was miles behind. ??? I had caught sight out of the corner of my eye a red car off in the boonies in Lukey on Lap11 and this turned out to be Clive who lost a ton of time with a wild ride. He recovered to give chase and with only a few laps to run, was close on my tail to start Lap18. Unfortunately, I bungled the run through the Southern Loop and dropped a wheel off on the grass to spin across his bow where Clive punted me into a rollover. Not his fault in the least but I was determined to give him a battle for the place. Pleased to see, at least, that he was able to continue and finish P4.

I've run this circuit a number of times in other GPL mods and frankly, have not got on well with it. The compound corner with elevations which is the Southern Loop and Siberia similarly configured give me fits. In two pre-race offline trials, the best I could manage was a 2m05s lap effort so my lap in the 2m03s bracket in qualifying was a real plus. In the race, I was setting some decent times and with Clive in hot pursuit, I actually managed a lap in the mid-2m02s bracket. WOOHOO! DNF notwithstanding, I'll consider this a good round.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

Clive Loynes escribió: Mar May 07, 2024 11:04 amIf I never race here again it will be too soon!
Clearly you have not been with your Lancia at Jarama yet, have you? :jiji:
GPL Rank = -92.907
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Correct. :P

Have you always had this sadistic tendancy? :(
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:mrgreen: :aplauso:
Responder