7th 1955 F1 Championship - 04 - Autódromo General San Martín

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Paul_S

Re: 7th 1955 F1 Championship - 04 - Autódromo General San Martín

Mensaje por Paul_S »

The track does not suit me. My rear tires are dead after 5 laps.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Gaizka escribió: Lun Mar 11, 2024 12:20 am Buena sesión de entrenos hoy. Todo listo para mañana, intentando asegurar el estar cómodo con el coche en carrera. Tal y como comentó Clive, en este circuito cuesta entender de dónde sale el tiempo. A base de afinar la trazada y empezar a usar los frenos, he llegado al 2:05.

:adios:

As Clive described, understanding where the lap time comes from is a process that takes longer than usual in this track. Polishing the lines here and there plus some more usage of the brakes brought me to 2:05.X. And the focus is to be as comfortable as possible with the car during tomorrow's race.

Well good news from Paul at least. :D

I only use the brakes at the final corner and I could see that Gaizka was using them elsewhere as well but I'm a little worried that this will lead to my arriving at the final corner with no brakes! :(

Bueno, al menos buenas noticias de Paul. :D

Sólo uso los frenos en la última curva y pude ver que Gaizka también los estaba usando en otros lugares, ¡pero me preocupa un poco que esto me lleve a llegar a la última curva sin frenos! :(

Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:director: Training times so far

Código: Seleccionar todo

1	G. Lopez55 	FER 	2:05.62
2 	C. Loynes55 	LAN 	2:07.18
3 	tagomago55 	LAN 	2:07.74
4 	P. Skingley55 	CON 	2:07.75

:piloto:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:director:

Free practice 4 started ... drivers welcome :piloto:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

Great racing night at Autódromo General San Martín

Imagen

Grats Gaiz for the win :primero: :tonto: Clive for second :segundo: :raquel: :tonto: and Doni for third :tercero: :cava: :tonto:

Thanks all for racing :piloto: :baba:

;)
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Thanks for hosting and congratilations to Gaizka. Amazing pace.

As usual, my race pace was nothing like what I had achieved in the build up but thankfully I managed a decent first lap, which put me out of reach of any surprise attack from Tago.

I slowly pulled away from Tago and with Paul having missed the start I could just settle down to not making any mistakes. Catching Gaizka was out of the question so all I could do was lose second place if I did something silly.

See you next time.

Gracias por acogernos y enhorabuena a Gaizka. Ritmo asombroso.

Como de costumbre, mi ritmo de carrera no se parecía en nada al que había logrado en la preparación, pero afortunadamente logré una primera vuelta decente, lo que me puso fuera del alcance de cualquier ataque sorpresa de Tago.

Me alejé lentamente de Tago y, como Paul se perdió la salida, pude tranquilizarme y no cometer ningún error. Atrapar a Gaizka estaba fuera de discusión así que lo único que podía hacer era perder el segundo puesto si hacía alguna tontería.

Nos vemos la próxima vez.
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Certainly a fluke podium for me. Poor Tago ran out of road late in the going and had the gross misfortune to prune off a wheel against a barrier. What rotten luck!

Gaizka had us all nicely covered with yet another runaway win. However does he do it? Clive was solid for P2 from the get-go. Xuggy a good run to P4. Whatever happened to Paul??? He did one lap in qualifying and then was MIA for the race.

My run was solid if unspectacular with no major errors. Only got it a bit sideways a couple of times but easily saved it and avoided off-track laps. I took the last corner in 2nd gear with low engine revolutions to avoid wheelspin when I throttled up for the pit straight.

I found this venue a bit strange but got more comfortable with it as the laps went down and did set a new PB by 1/2 second in qualifying. Scoring this one a 4/5 over at GPLWeekly.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Sorry I missed the start.
In qualification I had a phone call that I had to take. Before I knew it, the race had started.

Well done Gaizka, Clive and Doni.

See you next race.
Responder