¿Qué volante usáis? / Wheel and pedal hardware: What is your setup?

Charlas generalistas sobre los campeonatos, y simuladores, y pachangas, y...
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Re: ¿Qué volante usáis? / Wheel and pedal hardware: What is your setup?

Mensaje por Gaizka »

:aplauso: :porfa:
GPL Rank = -92.907
Lasse Albrecht

Mensaje por Lasse Albrecht »

My sim racing journey actually started with some wheel I can't even remember the name or the brand of. That was in like 2007 or so when I was 5-6 years old and first got my hands on Grand Prix 3, primarily through my older brother my brother. We used to run seasons against each other in Hot Seat Mode. The wheel broke at some point, then a couple years later my stepdad brought a Thrustmaster Enzo Ferrari FFB into the house. Played much rFactor and a tiny bit of GPL on that between 2010 and 2013, but after 2013 it was put away for 7 years.

In 2020 I discovered that I still had a Saitek P380 gamepad around from 10 years ago. This was what I restarted sim racing with. Half a year later in mid 2020, the input reading was already massively compromised as the input data flickered all over the place (would have needed electrical contact cleaner). Then I remembered the existence of the old Thrustmaster and dug it out again for a good 3 months before it broke again. Having been far more comfortable on a gamepad than a wheel at that point, I decided to invest 20€ into a Nacon PS4 Compact Controller (my brother already had one for his PS4 and it was good), and that's how I spent my time sim racing until February 2022. My old Saitek controller didn't have triggers on the back yet, so I was forced to use the right stick for both accelerating and decelerating. I got used to it so much that using triggers with my Nacon controller wasn't an option anymore. But I couldn't correct being on the brake too hard too late in the corner with the throttle, so the ever so difficult GPL was really frustrating to drive that way.

After a long period of thought, I then decided to bite the bullet and got a Logitech G29. Haven't been disappointed by it in the slightest. It does what it's supposed to do, and I finally I had separate pedals to manage inputs simultaneously. Still happy with it to this day!
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:quico: :bien:
Responder