6th 1955 F1 Championship - 03 - Großer Preis der Solitude

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
enriquefarina

Re: 6th 1955 F1 Championship - 03 - Großer Preis der Solitude

Mensaje por enriquefarina »

tremenda carrera la que tuve hoy, como siempre no pude practicar nada y vine a hacer un set up bastante bueno en la qualy.
en la carrera todavía me faltaba confianza en la zona de curvas del fondo, y corría con cierto miedo, pero gracias a la alta presión que obtuve con jorge y su tremendo gordini( hay que revisar ese auto....... :abrazo:
me vi en la obligación de arriesgar un poco mas, y eso me hizo golpearme contra un guardarail y me sobrepaso, perdiendo mi 4 puesto, pero a la siguiente vuelta el hizo un trompo y volví a retomar mi 4 puesto, con 5 segundos de ventaja, pero......me volvió a alcanzar :nova: y me dije, voy a vender caro mi viejo pellejo, y no me va a pasar por que mi 625 era mas potente ( no por mucho eehhh!!! ) pero en la 3 curva ( la orquilla en subida) se quedo y me dije, volo motor ( por que si que lo sentia encima de mi cabeza pero muy super forzado, le faltaba una buena 5 marcha) y ahi quede solo el resto de la carrera, que lastima jorge, queria batallar mas contigo....... :porfa:
y bueno creo que se mato el que venia 2 y herede el podio y llegue 3, y eso me puso feliz :musica:
felicitaciones gaizca....ese vanwall seguro tenia motor mercedes pero del 2023 que manera de correr por dioooooooo :ahorcado: y felicitaciones clive, muy buen perfomance
nos vemos en la proxima :brindis:

I had a tremendous race today, as always I couldn't practice anything and I came to do a pretty good set up in qualifying.
In the race I still lacked confidence in the corners at the bottom, and I ran with some fear, but thanks to the high pressure I got with Jorge and his tremendous gordini (you have to check that car.........)
I was forced to risk a little more, and that made me hit a guardrail and he overtook me, losing my 4th place, but on the next lap he spun and I resumed my 4th place, with a 5-second lead , but......he caught up with me again and I said to myself, I'm going to sell my old skin dearly, and it won't happen to me because my 625 was more powerful (not by much eehhh!!! ) but in the 3 curve (the fork going up) stayed and I said to myself, the engine blew (because I did feel it above my head but very super forced, it was missing a good 5th gear) and there I was alone for the rest of the race, what a pity Jorge, I wanted to fight more with you.......
And well, I think that the one who came 2 was killed and inherited the podium and arrived 3, and that made me happy.
congratulations gaizca....that vanwall surely had a mercedes engine but from 2023 what a way to run for God's sake and congratulations clive, very good performance
See you next time
Imagen
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

As I said in chat just before the race, ten laps of torture. Absolute purgatory!

I started the race with a firm resolve to finish third. As a result, I was quite pleased when Gaizka and Paul cleared off and gave me a clear track to play with.

That's when the trouble starts. My setup is sorted to give me what I need when I am trying hard to go faster. When I am just driving to survive it feels like someone has sawn through the trackrods. It may be something to do with the large deadband that I'm told exists on the G25 wheel but whatever it is, it's a pain.

I think that I just about kept it on the grey bit but there were moments when I thought that I was heading for the trees.

Congratulations to Gaizka and commiserations to Paul who both had amazing speed.

After Monday's practice, I took a look at Paul's replay, to see what he was up to. He was largely using higher gearing than me and was also taking great care not to buzz the Lancia engine over the bumps. I always find the Lancia a bit fragile.

So I altered my setup accordingly. It was slower over a qually lap but gave me more chance of seeing the chequered flag.

I don't know what happened to Paul but all contributions are greatly appreciated.

(Can't do the Spanish version on my phone, sorry)
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Great run by Gaizka to score a fine win! Clive a solid P2. Ricky gets the nod for P3. Well done, chaps!

Sorry to see some key runners run afoul of this difficult circuit. Jorge, Paul and Sergio coming to grief.

Well now! That was a surprise finish. P5. Holy Smokes! I was resigned to finish ninth or tenth but as the race wound off, there were many fallers and some very late on. Sorry, chaps. Fates you didn't deserve.

Solitude takes no prisoners. A mistake here punishes you there. Martin's demise is a classic example. Ditto, Cayo.

I had a reasonable race going and crossed swords with Martin for several laps til a somewhat optimistic pass attempt by Martin had me off the road but luckily, I got away without hitting anything solid. Martin kindly awaited for me to retake the place and we resumed the battle. He made a good pass later and seemed set to pull away til a fatal error. Bad luck, maddog.

I always have two goals when competing at Solitude. First and foremost is finish. The second is log no 64's in GPLRA. That records laps which are off track. I only recorded one in the 10 laps and that was from my collision with Martin. Somewhat disappointed to see that many seem not to share this view.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Well done Gaizka and podium.

After contact with the bales and some suspension damage I decided to pull over.

Thanks for hosting.

:adios:
Responder