Temporada - 2023 - Season

Charlas generalistas sobre los campeonatos, y simuladores, y pachangas, y...
Clive Loynes

Re: Temporada 2023

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

You, your wife and friends have my deepest sympathy Gaizka.

I am not trying to make a political statement, just follow a simple principle.

Russia's actions are unacceptable and until such time that they join the civilised world then all contact, connection or reference to/with Russia should be avoided.

They should be completely ostracised.

It's always easy to analyse such a situation and make an exception for what you want to do.
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

Y ahora?
Como decía Mezcua al principio del hilo, ahora estaría bien empezar un campeonato con el parche ese de los neumáticos sucios que aún no me he instalado.
Dudo si es mejor con el 55 (que ahora atrae más participantes) o con el 67 (que rebajaría la dificultad porque estamos más acostumbrados a estos coches). (Prefiero el que seduzca a más pilotillos.)
Os propongo un formato de carreras alternativo, sobre todo para probar algo diferente, también para sacarle partido al parche, que sería hacer clasificaciones muy cortas (5-10 min) y carreras más largas (60-65 min). Nunca lo hemos probado y podría ser un aliciente para pilotillos no habituales. No sé si se hace así en alguna otra liga.
Respecto a los coches, me gustaría encontrar alguna variante atractiva para todos que no obligue a los más rápidos a correr en BRM o Connaught. A mi me gustaba lo que hacíamos en la Tasman: hay que correr con todos y cada uno decide cuando usa cual, pero es un sistema que tengo la impresión de que gustaba poco. También podría ser carreras monomarca o algún sistema de tokens si es sencillo (los que veo por otras ligas siempre acaban resultando complicados, quizás es solo una impresión).
En cuanto a las pistas, para no añadir dificultades ni necesidad de entrenar mucho, que a algunos se nos hace muy cuesta arriba, podríamos probar un paquete nuevo que hay de actualizaciones gràficas chulas que ayer me dijo Gaizka y que no recuerdo como se llama.
Si os parece, podríamos probar, los dos martes próximos (16 y 23), el formato: primero en Silverstones con el 55 y luego en Spa el 67 (o Zandvoort, o Kyalami, p.e.), y luego decidimos cual nos gusta más y empezamos en junio un campeonato de ±15 carreras hasta diciembre con parada en agosto.
¿Qué opináis?

And now?
As Mezcua said at the beginning of this thread, now it would be nice to start a championship with that dirty tire patch that I haven't installed yet.
I doubt if it is better with the 55 (which now attracts more entrants) or with the 67 (which would lower the difficulty because we are more used to these cars). (I prefer the one that seduces more racers.)
I propose an alternative race format, especially to try something different, also to take advantage of the patch, which would be to do very short qualifying (5-10 min) and longer races (60-65 min). We have never tried it and it could be an incentive for new entries. I don't know if it's done like this in any other league.
Regarding the cars, I would like to find some attractive variant for everyone that does not force the fastest players to run in BRM or Connaught. I liked what we did in the Tasman: you have to race with each car along the season and every one decides when to use which one. but it is a system that I have the impression that has not many fans.
As for the tracks, so as not to add difficulties or the need to train a lot, which is very difficult for some of us, we could try a new package that contains the Papy tracks with cool graphic updates. Gaizka told me yesterday about it but I don't remember the name.
If you like, we could try, on the next two Tuesdays (16th and 23rd), the format: first at Silverstones with 55 and then at Spa on 67 (or Zandvoort, or Kyalami...), and then we decide which one we like best and we start a championship of ±15 races in June until December with a stop in August.
What is your opinion?
Imagen
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Not too concerned one way or the other as to which mod or circuits the PDLR runs, Xuggy. I'll commit to any testing and subsequent race series.

One thing that I find so galling is that three of the leading GPL league sites run races on Tuesdays. That's GPLRacer, the UKGPL and the PDLR. At my ever-advancing age, it becomes difficult to spread myself around through them all and pick & choose.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D

Muy buenas las propuestas xuggy, así que pongo en marcha servidores durante el día de hoy y más tarde publico/refresco el parche (instalación y funcionamiento)
Very good proposals xuggy, so I set up servers today and later I publish/refresh the patch (installation and operation)

Me parece un acierto por parte de Doni mencionar la dificultad de fecha en martes ... Que os parece si nos movemos al lunes?
I think it's a good idea from Doni to mention the difficulty date on Tuesday ... What do you think if we move to Monday?
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

prefiero el jueves, pero puedo el lunes.
sí, es buena idea cambiar para no coincidir con los otros
I would prefer on Thursdays, but I can on Mondays.
yes, it is a good idea to change so as not to coincide with the others
Imagen
Doni Yourth

Monday or Wednesday or Thursday work for me for a day swap over.
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Hola a todos.

Hora/Día - Corro la mayoría de los martes con GPLRACER antes de que empiece PDLR así que un día diferente sería más fácil para mí.
Haz lo que le convenga a la mayoría.

Mods - Me gustan todos los coches de rueda abierta, 55,65,66,67,68,69 pero prefiero el 67 original al 67 mod.
¿Qué tal 69 o 66 para variar?

Distancia de carrera - Me resulta difícil concentrarme durante más de 45 minutos. Incluso con 45 minutos me cuesta llegar al final.

Parche de suciedad/parche meteorológico/parche de parada en boxes: no utilizo ninguno de ellos, pero no me importa correr mientras los parches no sean obligatorios.

Pistas: prefiero la pista adecuada para el mod con el que competimos.

Hi all.

Time/Day - I race most Tuesdays with GPLRACER before PDLR starts so a different day would be easier for me.
Do what suits the majority.

Mods - I like all the open wheel cars, 55,65,66,67,68,69 but I prefer original 67 to the 67 mod.
How about 69 or 66 for a change ?

Race distance - I find it difficult to concentrate for more than 45 minutes. Even with 45 minutes I struggle towards the end.

Dirt patch/weather patch/pit stop patch - I do not use any of these but happy to race as long as the patches are not mandatory.

Tracks - I prefer period correct track for the mod we race.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:oops: He tardado bastante más de lo que esperaba en lanzar el server para el 55 y cocinar algo las opiniones

Respecto al día de la semana el lunes en este momento no tiene competidor porque no se corre ninguna liga, como podéis comprobar en http://formulado.hu/weekly/index.php?p:weeks/ arriba a la derecha puedes cambiar a "Calendar view"

Yo particularmente corro los jueves cada 15 días en HIES.

Aunque me iría bien cualquier otro día voto por el lunes después de ver que es un día que seguro que no colisiona con otra liga

Respecto al horario quizás podríamos hablar también de ajustar la hora a un horario más europeo, aunque eso a Doni y a Enrique no creo que les arregle nada

Ya he puesto un servidor en iGOR con Silverstone mod 55 + dgp36fps + Refuel var

Convocaremos fecha de carrera cuando veamos que hay un suficiente numero de pilotos que tengan instalado el patch y sepan mínimamente manejarlo

A continuación publico por aquí un "Tengo prisa y quiero montar y probar los parches"

:oops: I have taken much longer than I expected to launch the server for 55 and to cook some of the views.

Regarding the day of the week Monday at this moment has no competitor because no league is running, as you can see in http://formulado.hu/weekly/index.php?p:weeks/ on the top right you can switch to "Calendar view".

I particularly run on Thursdays every 15 days in HIES.

Although any other day would suit me I vote for Monday after seeing that it is a day that surely does not collide with another league.

Regarding the schedule maybe we could also talk about adjusting the time to a more European time, although I don't think that would help Doni and Enrique.

I've already set up a server in iGOR with Silverstone mod 55 + dgp36fps + Refuel var

We will call a race date when we see that there is a sufficient number of pilots who have installed the patch and know how to use it.

Then I post here a "I'm in a hurry and I want to mount and test the patches".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator and reviewed by me

;)
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Tengo prisa y quiero montar los parches

1.- Descarga https://boxes.gaiztor.com/software/than ... ear811.zip

2.- Descomprimelo en alguna carpeta que te sea de fácil acceso

3.- Copia en tu ... GPLSecrets\GEM+\Options

... dirtgear811\dirtgear811_xml\dirtgear811x36fps.xml
... dirtgear811\BrakeBallance_Refuel\Refuel_var.xml

4.- Cuando abres GEM+ en el recuadro de abajo a la derecha debes seleccionar tus parches habituales más esos dos nuevos
... 77k Track Gap Freeze Fix v.09
... Refuel_var
... Dirtgear811x36fps
... Ffb3test1

5.- Vete a iGOR o VROC

I am in a hurry and want to install the patches.

1.- Download https://boxes.gaiztor.com/software/than ... ear811.zip

2.- Unzip it in a folder that is easy to access.

3.- Copy to your ... GPLSecrets\GEM+\Options

... dirtgear811\dirtgear811_xml\dirtgear811x36fps.xml
... dirtgear811\BrakeBallance_Refuel\Refuel_var.xml

4.- When you open GEM+ in the box at the bottom right you must select your usual patches plus these two new ones.
... 77k Track Gap Freeze Fix v.09
... Refuel_var
... Dirtgear811x36fps
... Ffb3test1

5.- Go to iGOR or VROC

;)
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Cómo funcionan los parches

Repostar
  • El piloto puede decidir cuanta gasolina quiere
  • Cuando estás parado en tu zona de boxes y levantas el brazo el coche reposta mientras el brazo esté levantado
  • La velocidad de repostaje es de unos 4,5 litros por segundo con un pequeño efecto aleatorio
Para hacer una parada en boxes
  • Conduce hasta tu box
  • Para delante de tu pizarra
  • El pit board desaparece.
  • No conduzcas demasiado lejos.
  • Después de unas décimas de segundo el coche rebotará, como cuando haces ShiftR.
  • ¡Este movimiento del coche es el control para que sepas que estas parado en el lugar correcto!
  • Sin este movimiento no se cambiarán los neumáticos/no se reparará el coche
  • Ahora tienes aprox. 10s para seleccionar la marcha atrás si quieres reparar el coche
  • Aproximadamente 25 segundos después del primer rebote el coche rebotará una 2ª vez indicando que la reparación/cambio de neumáticos se ha completado.
  • Entonces puedes salir de boxes
  • Si has reparado el coche y quieres cambiar también los neumáticos tienes que esperar al siguiente rebote después de otros 25s.
How patches work

Refuel
  • The driver can decide how many petrol want.
  • When you are standing at your pit area and raise your arm the car is refueled as long as the arm is raised.
  • The fill rate is about 4.5 litres per second with a small random effect.

To make a pit stop
  • Drive to your pit.
  • Stop in front of your pit board.
  • The pit board disappears.
  • Don't drive too far.
  • After a few tenths of a second the car will bounce, like when you do ShiftR.
  • This motion of the car is the control for you to know that you are standing at the right place!
  • Without this motion the tyres will not be changed/the car will be not repaired.
  • You now have approx. 10s to select reverse gear if you want to repair the car.
  • Approximately 25 seconds after the first bounce the car will bounce a 2nd time indicating the repair/tyre change is complete.
  • Then you can leave the pits.
  • If you have repaired the car and want to also change the tyres you have to wait for the next bounce after another 25s.
Doni Yourth

Patch downloaded and will install and test soon.

As for a day to race with the PDLR, Monday is just fine for me. Time-wise, the posted times for me here in Oshawa are six hours earlier. A 22.30 CET race start is 16.30 DST for me. That's 4pm. Works for me but I can adapt to a change if the league requires it.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Great Doni :bien:
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

gracias, Mezcua! ayer probé el dirtgear y ya vi cómo va. hoy se me ha hecho tarde, mañana probaré el resto del paquete. bien los lunes, pero yo no podría empezar antes de las 22, llego a las 21.30 a casa
Imagen
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

He estado unos días en dique seco porque probando Silverstone con el 55 el freno se me ponía en rojo solo con el acelerador en plena recta, e incluso el acelerador rateaba. :ahorcado:
I've been a few days in dry dock because testing Silverstone with the 55 the brake would turn red just with the throttle in the middle of the straight, and even the throttle would rate.

Así que incluso me puse a mirar precios de volantes, o pedaleras o yo que sé ... entonces hablándolo con Gaizka me convenció de que la limpieza de potenciómetros no es algo tan difícil
So I even started to look at prices of wheels, or pedal boards or whatever ... then talking with Gaizka convinced me that the cleaning of potentiometers is not so difficult.

Después de mirarme las instrucciones de como hacerlo me puse manos a la obra y a ratos he tardado 3 días en limpiar el embrague, luego media hora el acelerador y 15 minutos el freno :mrgreen:
After looking at the instructions on how to do it I got down to work and at times it took me 3 days to clean the clutch, then half an hour the throttle and 15 minutes the brake

Volví a montar todo y ayer hize estreno de pedales "remendados" ... en resumen bien ... además hize una tanda de prueba y empecé a dejar de rodar dubitativo por la desconfianza con el volante :P
I reassembled everything and yesterday I made a premiere of "patched" pedals ... in short good ... I also did a test run and I started to stop riding hesitantly by distrust with the steering wheel

El parche funciona ... hize una segunda tanda ... en ambas sobre el minuto 34 el coche se vuelve muy exigente ... en la primera tanda con accidente ni siquiera conseguí volver a boxes
The patch works ... I did a second run ... in both of them around minute 34 the car becomes very demanding ... in the first run with accident I didn't even make it back to the pits.

Que os parece si corremos este lunes la primera de prueba?
What do you think if we run this monday the first test run?

Silverstone - mod 55 - dgp36fps + refuel_var - Pro short - 10 min Q - 27 laps
Doni Yourth

Hola, Tago! :)

Just nicely off a test of the patch at Silverstone. I had some initial difficulties with the computer locking up...the hour glass appearing...when I struck the green button at lower right to go to the track. This needed a reset to start from scratch again. After a couple of resets, I tried one of the optional gpl.exe files provided...specifically, 'dirtgear811x36fps'...and it worked. I got to the track and ran off a series of tests. With the variable refuel patch loaded as per instructions, I was able to gas up without dramas. Interesting to note that as long as you hold your arm up, it just keeps filling the tank. I took my Connie up to 100 USG! LOL!

I noted brake fade with the indicator light functioning. I didn't test repairs but did experience the 'bumps' in the pits during refueling so it's likely that the repairs were available.

I'll be up for a test at Silverstone tomorrow, Monday, May 22. At the usual time? Hope we see a good turnout. :)
Responder