4th 1955 F1 Championship - 08 - Oulton Park Spring Cup

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

pandemic or so? :nose:

I'd rather prefer so! ... When I was a child between (r u) silly or what? ... I always chose what

:prrr:

:director:

April 6th - Hockenheim
April 13th - Charterhall

Is it ok for all?

Does anybody wants to move one week these events?

¿Todos de acuerdo en correr el 6 Hockenheim y el 13 Charterhall?

Alguno prefiere mover una semana dichos eventos
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

6th and 13th would suit me fine as UKGPL is going quiet for a month and I would thus be able to do some practice for the PDLR events for a change.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Is there a secret Gaizka and Tago practice session tonight?
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

Not today Clive ... but surely will on sunday ...

A bit absent-minded ... still have to start the server :roll: .. in a while
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

Hardly a secret. Whenever we are training, it is always online :blah:

No training though for me today, but Sunday :adios:
GPL Rank = -92.907
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

Blood no pudo participar en ésta, por lo que fue Clive quién recogió el testigo para ponerme contra las cuerdas :bien:

Con poquitos días para preparar el evento, me centré totalmente en el setup de carrera, llegando confiado a la misma. El único pero es que llegaba sin referencias para la qualy, dónde Clive me obligó a sacar lo mejor de mí :guitarra:

Entré al server unos minutos tarde ¡y vi que el listón de la pole ya estaba en 1:48.0! :o
Si quería llevármela iba a necesitar bajar a 47s, algo que no había logrado todavía. Hasta el momento todas mis tandas habían sido con gasolina de carrera, ¿sería suficiente con vaciar el depósito? :nose:

Esta situación, nueva para mí, me hizo sentir como un piloto de F1. Siempre me ha sorprendido su capacidad para, tal y como ellos dicen, ponerlo todo junto el día de la qualy y hacer los mejores tiempos del fin de semana en Q1, Q2 y Q3 sucesivamente ya que, en el fondo, ¡los límites con los que están jugando los están experimentando por primera vez! Ya sean los neumáticos blandos o un mapa de motor específico en modo ataque total.

Todo un contraste con mi modus operandi. Históricamente, yo siempre he llegado a un circuito sabiendo cuál será mi ritmo de carrera, cuál es mi PB, cuál es mi vuelta ideal y en consecuencia la ventana en la que se moverá mi tiempo de qualy. Pues bien, este año, debido a la cantidad reducida de entrenos, yo también me he visto en la situación de tener que afrontar lo desconocido y hacer PBs el día de Gran Premio. Y esta qualy fue una de esas ocasiones :D

Cayeron los 47s y con ellos la pole. ¿Próxima parada? La salida. Clive y su Maserati iban a ponerme en aprietos en la recta de Hill Top. Necesitaba hilar fino las primeras curvas para abrir hueco y protegerme del rebufo. ¡Pero las hostilidades empezaron antes de lo esperado! En cuanto Juan Luis dio el banderazo, Clive desapareció de mis retrovisores para disputarme el interior en T1, obligándome a realizar lo que a la postre sería mi mejor maniobra de toda la carrera :piloto:

No veáis lo orgulloso que me sentí y me siento de cómo tracé T1 por el exterior. ¿Por qué? Porque no lo había entrenado, porque no me lo esperaba, porque me rompía los esquemas de inicio de carrera, porque me salió divino y porque ese control del Connaught en un momento crítico era la recompensa a todo lo aprendido por participar en este campeonato :amor:

Logré mantener la primera posición, pero ahora sólo me quedaban 3 en lugar de 4 curvas para distanciar a Clive. Respiré profundo, mantuve la calma y seguí con el plan, que al fin y al cabo consistía en hacer lo que sabía hacer (¿a que suena fácil? :roll:). Una vez más, salió bien y, como buen maestrillo, mis primeras vueltas fueron de librillo :mrgreen:

Clive aguantó muy bien el primer arreón, por lo que tuve que protegerme del rebufo no una sino dos vueltas. Logré soltarlo una vez finalizada la 2ª vuelta y perderlo nada más iniciar la 4ª en lo que pareció una salida de pista por quedarse sin frenos :|
Así fue el camino a mi 7ª victoria consecutiva, con la que ya sentencié matemáticamente el campeonato :primero: :besos: :raquel:

Blood was unable to participate in this one, so it was Clive who picked up the baton to put me on the ropes :bien:

With few days to prepare for the event, I focused entirely on the race setup and felt confident about it. The only downside is that I arrived without references to the qualy session, where Clive forced me to do my best :guitar:

I entered the server a few minutes late and I saw that a 1:48.0 had already been set for the pole! :o
If I wanted to claim it I was gonna need a 47.X, something I had not achieved yet. So far all my training runs had been on race fuel: Would emptying the tank be enough? :nose:

This situation, new to me, made me feel like an F1 driver. I have always been amazed at their ability to, as they say, put it all together in qualifying to do their best laptimes of the weekend in Q1, Q2 and Q3 in succession when, ultimately, they are experencing the limits they are playing with for the first time! You name it: Soft tires, a specific engine map in full attack mode, etc.

Quite a contrast to my modus operandi. Historically, I have always arrived to an event knowing in advance what my race pace will be, what my PB is, what my ideal lap is and consequently the window in which my qualifying time will be. Interestingly, this year, due to the reduced amount of practice, I have also found myself in the situation of having to face the unknown and make PBs on Grand Prix day. And this qualifying session was one of those occasions :D

1:47.4 gave me the pole position. Next stop? And old friend of mine this season: The start. Clive and his Maserati were going to put me in trouble on the Hill Top straight. I needed to be sharp in the first few corners to open a gap and protect myself from the slipstream. The hostilities though started sooner than expected! As soon as the race director waved the green flag, Clive disappeared from my mirrors and tried a move on the inside of T1, forcing me to perform what eventually would be my best maneuver of the race :piloto:

You cannot imagine how proud I was and still am of how I traced T1 on the outside. Why? Because I neither practiced nor expected it, because my race scheme was falling apart, because it was beautiful and because that control of the Connaught at a critical moment was the reward for everything I learned thanks to participating in this championship :amor:

I managed to keep the first position, but now I only had 3 instead of 4 corners left to distance Clive. I took a deep breath, kept calm and continued with the plan, which after all was to do what I knew to do (doesn't that sound easy? :roll:). Once again, it all work out pretty well :mrgreen:

Clive held up very well the first lunge, so I had to protect myself from the slipstream not one but two laps. I managed to drop him at the end of the 2nd lap and I lost him at the start of the 4th lap in what seemed to be an off-track due to a brake failure :|
That was the story behind the scenes of my 7th consecutive victory, which allowed me to mathematically clinch the championship :primero: :besos: :raquel:

P.S. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator and reviewed by me
GPL Rank = -92.907
Responder