3rd 1965 Formula 1 Challenge - 09 - United States Grand Prix

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
JaniP
Contactar:

Mensaje por JaniP »

I had a good pace, and an overall good feeling about the car. And it was a great race with some good fights. Then I lost focus in a crucial moment (real life, family conversation..), went off in the Loop, and decided to call it day.

Congrats Xavier, and all finishers!

Weekly report page
http://freeleo.hu/weekly/?p:races/201912100/

Tenía un buen ritmo y un buen sentimiento general sobre el auto. Y fue una gran carrera con algunas buenas peleas. Luego perdí el foco en un momento crucial (vida real, conversación familiar ...), me fui en el Loop y decidí llamarlo día.

¡Felicidades Xavier y todos los finalistas!
Groundhog GPL Weekly || Custom Rank
www.formulado.hu/weekly
Sochenna

Mensaje por Sochenna »

Congratulations, Xavier, intractable and gave no chance to the rest.

Clive, as usual, deserves congratulations but surprised by the performance of Xug, as well as Sérgio but below what we used to.

Congratulations to Sebas for the excellent performance in this initial race and the desire for continuity.

To those who have not finished, my loneliness for their misfortunes.

And let's all end up in Jarama.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Thank you David.

With two minutes to go I dared to think that I secured pole position but then up pops Xavier and snatches it from me. Well done Xavier.

In the race he was just too fast for me and once I had dropped out of towing range that was me finished as far as the win was concerned. I spent the rest of the race hoping to see a yellow flag and some black marks on the road but it never happened. Xavier drove a great race, unlike me, as I had a couple of moments at the loop when my tyres were all in the red!

Congrats to Sergio for third and to David for a strong finish. Sergio looks to have a seven point advantage over Doni so the pressure is still on all the way to the last round.

Gracias David.

A falta de dos minutos, me atreví a pensar que había asegurado la pole position, pero luego aparece Xavier y me lo arrebata. Bien hecho Xavier.

En la carrera fue demasiado rápido para mí y una vez que me salí del campo de remolque, terminé en lo que respecta a la victoria. Pasé el resto de la carrera esperando ver una bandera amarilla y algunas marcas negras en la carretera, pero nunca sucedió. ¡Xavier condujo una gran carrera, a diferencia de mí, ya que tuve un par de momentos en el circuito cuando mis neumáticos estaban en rojo!

Felicidades a Sergio por el tercer puesto y a David por un buen resultado. Sergio parece tener una ventaja de siete puntos sobre Doni, por lo que la presión sigue hasta la última ronda.
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Poco entrenamiento, como casi siempre, pero un setup aceptable traido de Madrid (había bajado mi PB un par de décimas antes de venir). Como veía que la cena se retrasaba, bajé y encendí el ordenador. A las 22:05 tras cenar y cenar al perro, bajé otra vez a ver si aún estabais en el chat.
Mi ordenador viejo (el de muchos años de gpl) tiene dos discos duros y le falta la pila que guarda la configuración de la BIOS. Cuando se desenchufa el ordenador hay que reconfigurar para que arranque con un disco duro distinto al que la BIOS opina. Y los electricistas habían estado trasteando todo el día por abajo... Cuando bajo para la race el ordenador no está arrancado, tengo que reiniciarlo, entrar en el setup de la BIOS, cambiar el orden de arranque y esperar que cargue el windows... pasa un rato, ya sabeis. Suerte que el lunes le había metido la IP nueva al gpl.

Entro al server quedando 19 minutos de quali. Me doy unas vueltas, hago un tiempo mono y me piño. Con la sesión terminada, esperando que se ponga verde para caer en la parrilla, en un movimiento casi maquinal, me meto a repasar el setup. Tengo dudas de si el corazón estuvo unos segundos parado... el setup de carrera seguía siendo el estándar. Lo cambio corriendo (ya lo tenía preparado, pero no seleccionado) y me meto a pista con cierto temblor de piernas y supongo que aún un poco pálido.

Me he mentalizado toda la semana para correr tranquilo, alejado de todo el mundo y todos los problemas... pero ya veis que es imposible :rie: .

Arrancamos y hacemos las eses ya colocados ahí delante, voy 3º como en clasificación. Hacemos la recta, yo siempre detrás de Clive. Hacemos el loop, la recta de atrás y pasamos The Speed Trap, encarando ya el Big Bend. Me coloco, he dejado espacio con Clive para no tener sustos. En la frenada veo que el espacio-margen que había dejado con Clive va despareciendo a sorprendente velocidad... entro al Bend esperando que Clive llegue al ápex de la curva y acelere para dejarme tomar la curva... se cruza un poco, la aceleración no llega, lo contrario. El espacio-margen se ha evaporado, voy mucho más rápido que el, tengo que salirme de la trazada o... FIN

Enhorabuena a los que os lo pasasteis bien!
Buena Xug, con dos pares, y bien por Sebas, que parece que aguanta el tirón!

Una verdadera pena los incidentes de carrera :lloro:

No pensabais que de una vuelta incompleta pudiera salir una crónica, no? :rie: :rie: :rie:

Little training, as usual, but an acceptable setup brought from Madrid (I had lowered my PB a couple of tenths before coming). As I saw that dinner was late, I went down and turned on the computer. At 22:05 after dinner and dinner the dog, I went down again to see if you were still in the chat.
My old computer (the one with many years of gpl) has two hard drives and the battery that stores the BIOS settings is missing. When the computer is unplugged, it must be reconfigured to boot with a different hard drive than the BIOS thinks. And the electricians had been crawling all day down ... When I go down for the race the computer is not booted, I have to restart it, enter the BIOS setup, change the boot order and wait for the windows to load. A little while passes, you know. Luck that on Monday I had put the new IP to the gpl.

I enter the server leaving 19 minutes of quali. I spin around, I do a cute time and I pine. With the session over, waiting for it to turn green to fall on the grid, in an almost mechanical movement, I go through the setup. I have doubts if my heart was a few seconds stopped ... the career setup was still the standard. I change it running (I already had it prepared, but not selected) and I get on track with some trembling legs and I guess still a little pale.

I have mentalized all week to run quietly, away from everyone and all the problems … but you see that it is impossible :rie: .

We start and do the eses already placed there in front, I go 3rd as in qualy session. We make the straight, I always behind Clive. We make the loop, the back straight and pass The Speed ​​Trap, facing the Big Bend. I stand, I have left space with Clive to have no scares. In the braking I see that the space-margin that I had left with Clive is disappearing at surprising speed ... I enter the Bend waiting for Clive to reach the apex of the turn and accelerate to let me take the turn... it crosses a little, the acceleration does not come, the opposite. The space-margin has evaporated, I'm going much faster than him, I have to get out of the line or… THE END

Congratulations to those who had a good time!
Good Xug, with two pairs, and good for Sebas, who seems to endure the pull!

A real shame race incidents :lloro:

You did not think that an incomplete lap could leave such a chronicle, right? :rie: :rie: :rie:
no corrais que es peor...
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

Mi primer grand chelem! :mrgreen:
Imagen
De ninguna manera esperaba ganar, y mucho menos una victoria tan clara. Aún no lo entiendo, la verdad. No sé qué fue tan bien. El caso es que el año pasado también gané aquí, una casualidad rara. Llegué tarde, pero había podido entrenar un rato por la tarde y me había sentido muy cómodo con el setup PJ que había encontrado en GPL track database [thanks, PJ! ;)] Cuando vi los tiempos al entrar me quedé un poco parado: todos por encima de 1m10,0s… Por la tarde había hecho 10s bajos sin grandes dificultades, es un circuito tan sencillo que no me costó más que 4 o 5 vueltas repetirlo y casi sin darme cuenta conseguí la pole.
El principio de la carrera me pareció raro. Mantuve P1 en la salida -cuando normalmente pierdo posiciones con el banderazo- y, como yo iba bien y vi que sólo Clive me podía seguir, no paraba de preguntarme si estaría desconectado o estaría pasando algo raro… En fin, pronto vi que el BT7 no tenía velocidad para pasarme en las rectas si yo no cometía ningún error gordo, y me puse a eso, a trazar bien las Esses y el Loop para tener en las rectas la velocidad que se lo hiciera imposible, y salió bien el plan. Sólo una vez, L±7, me tuve que poner a la derecha para defenderme en la frenada del Loop, pero Clive no arriesgó. Temía no resistir un asedio largo, pero el BRM iba genial, la frenada del Loop era precisa y nada me daba problemas, así que podía mantener el ritmo de 1m10s, y Clive se fue retrasando poco a poco: 2 segundos, 3, 4, 5… En la vuelta 20 tuvo algún incidente y vi que la ventaja era tan grande que incluso podía racionarla para no arriesgar el motor. Ya no fue más que cuidar el motor y así de sorprendentemente tranquila terminó la cosa.

Grats, podium! :cava: Xug :primero: Clive :segundo: & Sergio :tercero: :cava:
Nos vemos en el Jarama :piloto:

My first grand chelem! :mrgreen:
In no way did I expect to win, much less such a clear victory. I still don't understand it, really. I wonder what went so well. The fact is that last year I also won here, a rare coincidence.
I arrived late, but I had been able to practice for a while in the afternoon and I had felt very comfortable with the PJ setup I had found in GPL track database, thanks, PJ! ;) When I saw the times when I entered I was a little surprised: all drivers above 1m10.0s... In the afternoon I had done some low 10s without great difficulties, it is a circuit so simple that I needed only 4 or 5 laps to repeat it and, almost easily, I got the pole.
The beginning of the race seemed odd. I kept P1 at the start - when I usually loose positions with the flag drop- and, as I was doing well and I saw that only Clive could follow me, I kept wondering if I would be disconnected or something weird was happening ... Anyway, I soon saw that the BT7 didn't have the speed to get on the straights if I didn't make any big mistakes, and I got to that, to go through the Esses and the Loop well to have the speed that made it impossible, and the plan went well. Only once, L±7, did I have to put myself to the right to defend myself in the braking of the Loop, but Clive did not risk it. I was afraid I couldn't resist a long siege, but the BRM was great, the braking of the Loop was precise and nothing gave me problems, so I could keep up the pace of 1m10s, and Clive was slowly delaying: 2 seconds, 3, 4, 5 ... On lap 20 he had an incident and I saw that the advantage was so great that I could even ration it so as not to risk the engine. I could be careful with th engine... and that's how surprisingly easy the end came.
Imagen
Clive Loynes

Great drive Xavier.

Sorry Quico. If I wasn't going fast enough it was probably because I was intent on not hitting Xavier. I hadn't followed him before the first lap and I tend to use the dirty marks on the road to stop my braking points. That gets tricky with a BRM sat on them. :oops:

Thank you for the avoiding action. Jarama looks like another of your circuits!
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Fue mi fallo, Clive, volví a tener la cabeza fuera de la carrera demasiado pronto. Obviamente poco espacio-margen. :D

No se si el Jarama es uno de mis circuitos, pero es seguro que NO es mi temporada. :lloro:

It was my fault, Clive, I had my head out of the race too soon. Obviously little margin-gap. :D

I dint know if Jarama is one of my tracks, but for sure this is NOT my season. :lloro:

PD: Soon Jarama will be MY track, but that is another story :jiji:
Clive Loynes

quico escribió:

I dint know if Jarama is one of my tracks, but for sure this is NOT my season. :lloro:

PD: Soon Jarama will be MY track, but that is another story :jiji:
I have spotted your BT7 1:30.090 in GPLRank! :shock:

I just need to find another four seconds!
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Clive Loynes escribió: I have spotted your BT7 1:30.090 in GPLRank! :shock:
That happened in a previous life :D

PD: I sent you a MP.
Clive Loynes

quico escribió:
Clive Loynes escribió: I have spotted your BT7 1:30.090 in GPLRank! :shock:
That happened in a previous life :D

PD: I sent you a MP.
Thanks Quico. That's a powerful load of translation needed. :D
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Clive Loynes escribió: That's a powerful load of translation needed. :D
Not that! Only take a look to see what is cooking :teclas: .
Clive Loynes

quico escribió:
Clive Loynes escribió: That's a powerful load of translation needed. :D
Not that! Only take a look to see what is cooking :teclas: .
Ah! I see that you have been very busy!

Great work. No wonder you have no time to practice! :roll:
Responder