3rd 1965 Formula 1 Challenge - 02 - Grand Prix de Pau

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Xug

3rd 1965 Formula 1 Challenge - 02 - Grand Prix de Pau

Mensaje por Xug »

3rd 1965 Formula 1 Challenge
Imagen

Circuito / Track: Pau 1967
Día / Date: 17 de septiembre de 2019 / September 17th 2019
Vueltas / Laps: 27

GPLRank F1 1965: Imagen

ImagenImagen

Normas
Modo pro larga: 25 minutos de calificación y 30-35 minutos de carrera.
En modo pro no es posible reiniciar.
Prohibido adelantar bajo bandera amarilla.

Duración aproximada del evento: 1 hora

21.55 h - 22.00 h Encuentro en el VROC (sala PDLR, sin contraseña), bienvenida y contraseña para entrar en el servidor
22.00 h - 22.25 h Entrada al servidor, 25 min de calificación
22.25 h - 23.00 h Carrera en modo pro larga, de unos 30-35 min
Las horas son CET o, del 31 de marzo al 27 de octubre, CEST.[/i]

Rules
Pro long mode: 25 minutes qualifying and 30-35 minutes race.
Under pro mode rules there is no [shift]+[r].
Overtaking is not allowed under yellow flags.

Approximate duration of the event: 1 hour

21.55 h - 22.00 h Racers meeting at VROC (chatroom: PDLR, no password), welcome and password for the race server
22.00 h - 22.25 h Server open, 25 min qualifying
22.25 h - 23.00 h Race: pro long mode, about 30-35 minutes
All times are CET or, from March 31st to October 27th, CEST.
Imagen
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Sergio, no cambies la presión de las ruedas, yo creo que ayer las tenías bien, solo que tu tenías mucho sueño. :prrr:

Sergio, don't change the pressure of the tires, I think you had them good yesterday, only you were very sleepy. :prrr:
no corrais que es peor...
Sergio68

Mensaje por Sergio68 »

No se...... bajé presiones para tener un poco más de agarre y en dos vueltas estaban ya ardiendo ...
Long live Rock´n ´roll & ternasco de Aragón
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D Great Race at Pau today :piloto: :baba:

Imagen

Congratulations to the podium

Sergio :primero:

Quico :segundo:

Doni :tercero:

Thx all for racing :wink:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:arrow: Informes al día / Reports up to date
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Mezcua escribió: :arrow: Informes al día / Reports up to date
Thank you.

GPLWeekly is being rebuilt to make it more secure but Jani has asked that I send the analyser reports to him so that it will be up to date when it reappears. I think that this work is preventing Jani from joining these races.

My race ended with ignition failure at a point where I hadn't done enough to get to 50% but had lasted long enough not to be able to join the UKGPL race.

Congratulations to the podium.

Gracias.

Se está reconstruyendo GPLWeekly para hacerlo más seguro, pero Jani me ha pedido que le envíe los informes del analizador para que esté actualizado cuando vuelva a aparecer. Creo que este trabajo está evitando que Jani se una a estas carreras.

Mi carrera terminó con un fallo de encendido en un punto en el que no había hecho lo suficiente para llegar al 50%, pero había durado lo suficiente como para no poder unirme a la carrera UKGPL.

Enhorabuena al podio.
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Clive Loynes escribió:... I hadn't done enough to get to 50% but had lasted long enough not to be able to join the UKGPL race.
:cabreo: :cabreo: :cabreo: :cabezazo: :cabezazo: :cabezazo:
no corrais que es peor...
Sergio68

Mensaje por Sergio68 »

Hola , os comparto unas fotos tomadas este año en Pau en el GP históricos , al que acudimos Aitor Birle y yo . Es una experiencia súper recomendable , estuvimos todo el día babeando como caracoles , y eso que estuvimos el sábado de clasificaciones y entrenos . A pesar de la lluvia y el mal tiempo había un ambiente tremendo . Espero que os gusten

Hello, I share some photos taken this year in Pau in the historical GP, to which Aitor Birle and I went. It is a super recommended experience, we were drooling like snails all day, and that we were on Saturday for qualifications and training. Despite the rain and bad weather there was a tremendous atmosphere. I hope you like them

https://www.dropbox.com/home/PAU%202019

Os pego un enlace del youtube del día de carreras :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEw5O__Lwwg

Ahora me pondré a revisar la repetición de la carrera de ayer y os comento . Sobretodo volver a ver el golpe que tuve con Doni

Now I will review the repetition of yesterday's race and I tell you. Above all, see again the blow I had with Doni
Clive Loynes

quico escribió:
Clive Loynes escribió:... I hadn't done enough to get to 50% but had lasted long enough not to be able to join the UKGPL race.
:cabreo: :cabreo: :cabreo: :cabezazo: :cabezazo: :cabezazo:

LOL That just about sums it up!

Interesting footage from Sergio. I didn't know that they still held races there. My brother, the one in Palomares, used to race in the historic FF2000. He started with a Lola and finished with a Van Diemen.
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

An absolute 'barn burner' of a race! If close, hard-fought action is what you crave, this event provided it in full measure for the leading quartet. Sergio prevailed after some late-race dramas to score a second straight win. Quico got revenge on me for Albi by taking P2 and I managed to recover from being launched to take P3. Very lucky to have been able to continue.

Sergio took pole with a stonking lap but only a blink ahead of Quico. Clive gridded-up in third just clear of me in the Cooper. The lead trio were all aboard Brabham BT7's. Well done in an under-powered car, gents.

On the grid, I was dismayed to find that I was sitting outside on row #2. Tago was inboard of me in the Honda and I didn't like my chances of staying P4 for long. Luckily, I got a good getaway and Tago lagged somewhat to give me a clear run into fourth by the first corner. Over the first laps, I had to work very hard to stay with the lead trio. Slowly, it seemed, they were edging away. Then, an engine failure for the luckless Clive. Now up to P3, my chances were no better on closing down on Quico or Sergio. They were flying. Only slowly did the gap to them start to come down and I think that it was more they falling back to me then I gaining pace on them. I finally caught Quico and was trailing closely for many a lap but realistically, on this circuit, the only way that you're going to get a pass on a competitive runner is by a mistake. Lap15 and I got my chance. Quico fumbled the entry to Foch and I was alongside and cleanly by. Knowing full-well that he'd be furious with himself for the minor slip, I prepared for his counter-attack. With fully a dozen laps to run to the flag, Sergio was well up the road but surprisingly, the gap to him started to steadily diminish. I expect that he was pacing himself looking to make an error-free drive home. As we got into the last handful of laps, there wasn't so much of a gap left at all to Sergio. I wondered if fatigue on this twisty circuit with no place to rest was taking its toll. With just a lap and half to go, Sergio hit the bales in Foch and almost came to a full stop. I was right behind and couldn't avoid hitting him in the tail. I was amazed that we both got away without being wrecked. In fact, if anything, my bunt in the tail helped straighten him out and propel Sergio down the track to retain the lead. Entering the last lap, Sergio had a shaky run through T1 and into T2 swinging way wide. This left the door wide open for me to move under him and drive up the hill with a very slight lead. I went deep into the braking zone for Oscar and kept the inner lane open for Sergio. Suddenly, a bump and I'm staring at the sky. Sergio seems to have gone in very deep on the brakes and swung wide on corner entry. He clipped my front tyre sending me into the haybales. I was astonished to find that I was able to successfully reverse down off the bales to continue but of course, Sergio and Quico were long gone. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

Fun stuff regardless of the result.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Clive Loynes

Hard luck Doni, I was on board with you over the last few laps, following my early demise. I thought that you had snatched the win. Such a shame that you and Sergio collided.

Perhaps I should look at the Cooper. ;-)

I spent last night watching Sergio's practice at Cadwell last year in the BT7, hoping to gain some tips. That was, mostly, a waste of time as he spent the majority of the session on the grass! :D That is, until the last two laps where he nailed a couple of 1:29s, with a 1:29.3 on his final effort! :eek: :porfa: :ovni:
Doni Yourth

Hello, Clive! :)

Actually, there's precious little difference between the BT7 and the T77 Cooper. Same engine and each with six speeds in the box. I just happen to be a Cooper fan.

Cadwell? UGH! There aren't many tracks that I dislike but this is surely one of them. Not even sure that I'll file an entry.
Clive Loynes

Doni Yourth escribió:
Cadwell? UGH! There aren't many tracks that I dislike but this is surely one of them. Not even sure that I'll file an entry.

LOL
I feel duty bound to give it a go, having raced at the real thing in a 100cc kart. It had the highest ratio that we could fit and still wanted more! I calculated that it was doing 100mph.

When my brother raced there in FF2000 he said that he was close to throwing-up in his helmet on the approach to the hairpin.
Sergio68

Mensaje por Sergio68 »

Sergio68 escribió:

Ahora me pondré a revisar la repetición de la carrera de ayer y os comento . Sobretodo volver a ver el golpe que tuve con Doni

Now I will review the repetition of yesterday's race and I tell you. Above all, see again the blow I had with Doni
Con un poco de retraso pido disculpas a Doni por el adelantamiento/empujón que te dí . No debí intentar pasarte ahí ( mal sitio ) , perdí el coche en la frenada y te golpeé :cry: :cry: :cry: . No me gustan éstos incidentes , aunque forman parte del juego :roll: , por lo menos pudiste rehacerte y acabar la carrera en el podio . Te debo una :wink: .

With a little delay I apologize to Doni for the overtaking / push I gave you. I shouldn't have tried to pass you there (bad place), I lost the car in braking and hit you :cry: :cry: :cry: . I do not like these incidents, although they are part of the game: , at least you could remake yourself and finish the race on the podium. I owe you one :wink:
Doni Yourth

NP, Sergio. It was a hard-fought duel up the hill. I got a laugh when I suddenly was looking at clear blue sky! :)
Responder