2019 F1 1967 - 08 - Canadian Grand Prix

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Xug

2019 F1 1967 - 08 - Canadian Grand Prix

Mensaje por Xug »

Campeonato PdlR 2019 F1 1967
Imagen

Circuito / Track: Mosport 1967
Día / Date: 4 de junio de 2019 / June 4th 2019
Vueltas / Laps: 27

GPLRank F1 1967: Imagen

ImagenImagen

Normas
Modo pro larga: 25 minutos de calificación y 35-40 minutos de carrera.
En modo pro no es posible reiniciar.
Prohibido adelantar bajo bandera amarilla.

Duración aproximada del evento: 1 h 10 min

21.55 h - 22.00 h Encuentro en el VROC (sala PDLR, sin contraseña), bienvenida y contraseña para entrar en el servidor
22.00 h - 22.25 h Entrada al servidor, 25 min de calificación
22.25 h - 23.10 h Carrera en modo pro larga, de unos 35-40 min
Las horas son CET o, del 31 de marzo al 27 de octubre, CEST.

Rules
Pro long mode: 25 minutes qualifying and 35-40 minutes race.
Under pro mode rules there is no [shift]+[r].
Overtaking is not allowed under yellow flags.

Approximate duration of the event: 1 h 10 min

21.55 h - 22.00 h Racers meet at VROC (chatroom: PDLR, no password), welcome and password for the race server
22.00 h - 22.25 h Server open, 25 min qualifying
22.25 h - 23.10 h Race: pro long mode, about 35-40 minutes
All times are CET or, from March 31st to October 27th, CEST.
Imagen
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D Un gran ratillo en pista con Sergio :piloto: :baba: great time with Sergio on track
Doni Yourth escribió: ...

As Clive has mentioned above, we're off to Mosport next and it is indeed my home track. I was born and raised just a 20-minute drive down the road in Bowmanville. I attended the very first major international event, the Player's 200, way back in 1961 as a 12-year old. Over the years, I've spectated at hundreds of races and have even registered about two dozen starts in FVee and FF races from 1974 through 1983.

Our GPL version is very accurate in its presentation. If you can drive this circuit well in GPL, you'll feel right at home if you ever have the opportunity to drive it in real life.
Nice to go to your home track ... we love it ... this is for you to enjoy :brindis:

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Bowmanville :nose: yeah ... leaving the circuit using Wolkswagen gate you should take to the left ... there you will find a guy called Doni bla bla bla :prrr:

Imagen
:wink:
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Great read.

I was living in Canada in August 1967. But I paid no attention to the GP.
Pelle_B
Contactar:

Mensaje por Pelle_B »

WOW, Doni & Clive at home track :D

There's something I need to remember tomorrow...hmm :?:

Didn't know Player's was a cigarette brand...but smoked them here as Young :wink:
Imagen
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Thanks for posting those images above, Tago. They look like they've come straight from the official programme. For sure, I was at the 1967 Canadian GP. Soaked to the arse but a happy camper nonetheless.

Edit:

And a little something from almost 50 years ago. I've posted it elsewhere on occasion. Can't think of a better time or place to do it again...

-----------

It was a typically crisp, cool autumn morning for Ontario. The leaves were turning from their soft green summer-time hue to every shade of the rainbow. Clear skies greeted Nick, Mike, Jimmy and I as we'd gotten up quite early to get to Mosport for the 1969 running of the Grand Prix. We wanted to get right down to the fence line at the hairpin at Moss'and did so, planting our lawn chairs at a prime spot to see the cars come down the chute from turn four and roll into the hairpin. We hadn't made it to the practice or qualifying rounds so this would be our first taste of seeing winged F1 cars. I don't recall if there was any prelim heats for sports or touring cars that day...it was so very long ago...but I'm kind of thinking no, the morning started very early on with a warmup for the F1 cars. As we four waited patiently along with hundreds more and more ever gathering at this traditional spot, we finally heard a motor spin to life up in the paddock. That's a good km away but on a morning like this, it was easy to pick up. It wasn't long before we heard a car accelerating away from the pits. Sounds like a Cossie. We can follow its progress...down through T1, up the hill into T2 and down again as it rolls into T3. Coming off T3, it's apparent that whomever this is, he's clearly on it as we can hear the engine note rise sharply. Only a moment to wait now and we'll see whom it is.

Ah, the car crests the top of T4 and rolls down into the chute. It's Jo Siffert in the lovely deep blue Rob Walker Lotus 49B. But wait! Something is terribly, terribly wrong! The car's tail is cocked out at seven or eight or maybe even ten degrees to the right and as we can look down into the cockpit from our vantage point, we can clearly see that Jo has full opposite lock applied. He hasn't even lifted the throttle one bit as we can still hear the DFV howling. This car is utterly out of control and is travelling at a speed that is easily approaching 400 mph and in a heartbeat, it's now COMING STRAIGHT AT US!!! As if one mind, the four of us surge forward in our lawn chairs in a panic and grab hold of the fence. WHAT TO DO?!?! JUMP LEFT??? JUMP RIGHT??? HIT THE DECK??? The Lotus is clearly going to sail up the hill into the hairpin and at the velocity it's travelling, is going to sail straight on over the berm and plow through us like a scythe through wheat. Those front canards are going shred us to ribbons! But it's too late. He's on top of us! We're done! Out of nowhere, the impossible. We hear Jo smash down through the gears and at what could only be described as beyond the last possible moment, flings the car to the right and tracks the car on opposite lock through the first part of the hairpin. We're in shock as the Lotus pulls grip out of thin air and Jo slides the car round the tight exit of the Moss' and hammers the throttle to go up the straight.

The four of us all turn at each to each other in utter amazement. Faces are ashen and jaws slack. There's giggles from each of us...that giggle of relief that you get when you know that you just faced certain death and somehow managed to come through it alive by some fluke, by some act of grace alone. I think that all of said in a long drawn out tone, 'FFFFF********KKKKKK!!!' We settle down back into our chairs, nerves still jangling. Of all the hundreds of races I've attended since Mosport opened in 1961, this is my fondest memory.

Merci, Jo.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Sochenna

Mensaje por Sochenna »

Parabéns, José Luis. Excelente trabalho de casa. Bem hajas. Abraço.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

Emocionante y tierno escrito ... muchas gracias Doni Exciting and tender writing ... thank you very much Doni :baba:

:roll: No paper ... extra extra International edition ? :lloron: Con lo majo que saldré en el podium / I combed my hair to get on the podium!
Clive Loynes

Mezcua escribió: I combed my hair to get on the podium!

LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

:roll:
extra! extra! international edition! :mrgreen:

Imagen
:cava: grats, Sergio :primero: Clive :segundo: & Tago :tercero: :cava:
Imagen
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

8) Reports and Replay up to date
Clive Loynes

I've not had a chance to look at the replay yet but congratulations to Sergio for a great drive in the Cooper.

It was a hard race but then Mosport always is, even when you have it all to yourself!

Grats to Tago for his podium and hair!
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Entrené el miércoles y el jueves después de Nurburgring, y me vine a Cascais con un setup poco probado, y no probado en absoluto con gasolina para la carrera. Llegué a Cascais el domingo y como suele pasar, solo pude encender el ordenador justo antes de la carrera. Me sigue siendo extraño el cockpit de aquí, el feeling del volante, la butaca... pero esta vez el problema fue un setup completamente inadecuado. Podía haber corrido con el setup de la carrera anterior que iba tan ricamente, pero uno tiene que ir de listo.

Cuando después de cuatro vueltas me había salido ya seis veces, abandoné la carrera porque no tenía ningún sentido seguir.

La cosa es que el día 16 me vuelvo a Madrid, y el 18 es Monza. Espero no tener los mismos problemas!

Una pena porque debió ser una carrera divertida, con Sergio acabando con casi 12 segundos de ventaja, pero el 2º, 3º, 4º, 5º y 6º, separados entre ellos por 6 segundos, y 10 segundos entre el 6º y el 7º. En cualquier sitio hubiera encontrado pelea seguro.

Felicidades a todos por la diversión y lo currada que debió ser la carrera.

PS: Gracias Tago por tu post de arriba, y muchíiiiisimas gracias a Doni por el suyo :porfa: .

I trained on Wednesday and Thursday after the Nurburgring, and I came to Cascais with a little tested setup, and not tested at all with race fuel. I arrived in Cascais on Sunday and as usual, I could only turn on the computer just before the race. I still miss the cockpit here, the feeling of the steering wheel, the seat ... but this time the problem was a completely inadequate setup. I could have run with the setup of the previous race that worked fine, but one has to go smart.

When I had already get off the track six times after four laps, I abandoned the race because there was no point in continuing.

The thing is that on the 16th I'm going back to Madrid, and the 18th is Monza. I hope I do not have the same problems!

A shame because it should have been a fun race, with Sergio finishing with almost 12 seconds of advantage, but the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, separated between them by 6 seconds, and 10 seconds between 6th and 7th. In any place I would have found a good fight.

Congratulations to everyone for the fun and how hard the race should have been.

PS: Thanks Tago for your post above, and many many thanks Doni, for yours :porfa: .
no corrais que es peor...
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

What a great drive by Sergio! Except for one small gaffe in T2...which seemed to be the nemesis for just about everyone in the race...it was a faultless run to victory. Clive did a superb job in scoring consistency in easily and quite rightly earning P2. Tago survived a few small offs to nail down the final podium place. Well done, José.

I retired late in the race in frustration and embarrassment at turning in what was a good drive for 19 laps into a shambles from Lap20 on. I was so close to snatching what would have been a podium place from Tago on that lap that I could kick myself 'round the block. He went off at T2 and I followed. A great chance lost. Trooper made it by for position at the time to further dim my chances. Then it all fell to pieces with two bone-headed passes through T4 that had me off big time. After the 2nd off, I decided to park it in shame.

Some bad luck, too, for Dag and Pelle. There will be better days, gys.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Trooper 55

Mensaje por Trooper 55 »

Una divertida carrera. A mi me toco bailar con Tago ( felicidades por ese :tercero:) y con Doni. Todos empeñados en salirnos alguna vez en T2.

Felicidades al podio. Nos vemos en Monza.

A fun race. I got to dance with Tago (congratulations for that :tercero: ) and with Doni. All bent on going out sometime in T2.

Congratulations to the podium. See you in Monza.
" La percepción, sin comprobación ni fundamento, no es garantía suficiente de la verdad"
Sochenna

Mensaje por Sochenna »

Os m/parabéns a Sérgio, Clive e José Luis.

Aos que terminaram a minha homenagem.

Pelo m/lado lá cheguei ao fim, embora não pontuando, mas satisfeito por ter feito uma corrida sem grandes problemas.

Espero que nas próximas tenha melhor sorte.

Abraço e bem hajam.
Responder