2019 F1 1967 - 01 - South African Grand Prix

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Pelle_B
Contactar:

Mensaje por Pelle_B »

ARGH, I was to late...the race was NOW :lloron:
Última edición por Pelle_B el Mié Mar 27, 2019 12:28 am, editado 1 vez en total.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:quico: Report and replay up to date :wink:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D Pelle you cannot miss one more! :D Noted you Torro Grosso for the next :wink:
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

That was a very enjoyable race yesterday at Kyalami. I couldn't quite match the dizzying pace of Iestyn's BRM; I felt like the donkey of the old fable where the wagon master holds a carrot on a string suspended from a stick held out front; the donkey strides to reach the carrot but never quite manages a bite. I was at least pleased with a good P2 and no offs. As well, from Lap06 to the finish, every lap I scored was in the 1m21s bracket.

I got away to a pretty decent start to pass Nick's Eagle under the Dunlop Bridge and actually got a brief lead on Tago before yielding for Crowthorne. Much too early for hero driver stuff. Settled comfortably into P4 behind Iestyn, SK and Tago. Sergio was nipping at my heels and doing a bang up job in the less than competitive Cooper. Things took a sharp nose dive for SK on Lap04 as his Ferrari spun wildly going into Crowthorne. Dropped a handful of places before rejoining. Bad luck. This left Tago and I to dispute P2 with Sergio still very much a factor. Nick wasn't far behind either.

The start of Lap06 gave me the opportunity for a slipstream pass on Tago along the front straight and I didn't need a second invitation. Only just managed to get alongside in the braking zone to take P2. Very sporting of Tago to maintain the outside line on approach. That's not Formula 3 driving tactics; that's proper Formula 1 respect. Thanks, JL.

It took many laps to edge away from Tago but gradually, the cushion grew. I had not the slightest idea of the drama which took place at the end of Lap07 when Sergio spun in the kink while dicing with Tago and was collected by Nick. MUMMA MIA! Poor Nick had his Eagle speared on the guardrail and Sergio's BRM was too badly damaged to proceed. Bad luck, fellas.

Not much to tell after that except to watch that little dot on the road up ahead grow and shrink in size with never a chance to take a 'bite'. :)

Grats to Iestyn on a fine win! Well done to Tago for a fighting P3.

I shan't be running all the events in our GP67 PDLR schedule as I'll be splitting my time on Tuesdays with the GPLRacer group in GP65 cars. They are running some venues which I've never had experience with and am keen to give them a try. For sure, I'll miss Brands and possibly Spa but am targeting RRC as my return. As well, I should like to down-grade to either the BRM or Honda for the balance of the season.

Doni
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Una precipitada decisión el día antes de la carrera, me llevó a presentarme con el BRM y un setup casero de hace 6 años cuando me dio por poner en verde kyalamy para el Rank, siendo esa mi única experiencia con el BRM.

Di unas vueltas por la tarde, pero ni mucho menos suficientes para entender nada el coche, así que la carrera fue un infierno con un coche que iba bien, pero cuando le apetecía hacía un trompo.

Como ya dije el otro día, aún no estoy para BRM, así que me vuelvo al Cooper.

Un placer ver a tantos queridos corredores otra vez.

A hasty decisión the day before the race led me to enter the server with the BRM instead of the Cooper, with a setup -home made- from 6 years ago when converted the BRM Rank in kyalami to "green", my only experience in the BRM.

I did some laps in the afternoon, but not enaught to understand nothing about the car. So the race was a hell time with a car that spun suddenly when it wanted to.

As I told before this little madness, it's not my time to BRM yet and I'll return to the Cooper.

Fine to see all those dear drivers again.

PD: Pelle: :latigazo:
no corrais que es peor...
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Doni Yourth escribió: I shan't be running all the events in our GP67 PDLR schedule as I'll be splitting my time on Tuesdays with the GPLRacer group in GP65 cars. They are running some venues which I've never had experience with and am keen to give them a try. For sure, I'll miss Brands and possibly Spa but am targeting RRC as my return. As well, I should like to down-grade to either the BRM or Honda for the balance of the season.

Doni

GPLRACER events start early. You can do both! :D
Sochenna

Mensaje por Sochenna »

Os m/parabéns ao Davies, Doni e JL.

O Davies mostrou o que todos sabemos e Doni e JL com desempenhos bons.

Pela m/parte tentei chegar ao fim, evitando grandes erros e no final "herdei" dois lugares, que não merecia.

Bom início de campeonato, desejando que se mantenha e com mais frequentadores.

Abraço.
Super Karakol

Mensaje por Super Karakol »

Hi all !
Hola a todos!

Vaya carrera desastre :oops:
Muchísimos "problemas" en mi performance. Pido disculpas a Trooper por todos los sustos que le regalé, pero sobretodo por el toque en la penúltima vuelta :?

Buenísima qualy :shock: no me podía creer que después de tantísimo tiempo pudiera rodar a solo 0.5 segundos de mis mejores vueltas ( :anciano: allá por el 2008 o 2009)
Lo dicho, muy extraño.
En la salida, salí con todo, sin miedo, pero patinando y controlando los zarpazos del ferrari, .. que se iba a la derecha, a la izquierda :eek: y en los espejos Tago se hizo enoooorme :eek: así que en T1 levanté el gas antes de lo normal, con toda la inseguridad del mundo.
En Lap 2 o 3.. al frenar en T1 se me fue el Ferry ¿?!!! marcando un 360º que no sé ni cómo pude salvar :nose:

Desde entonces estuve buscando el CONTROL, .. pero solo lo encontré mientras estuve detrás de Xug, .. al que pude seguir :baba: hasta que salió volando justo delante de mi morro :shock: en el cambio de rasante de meta.

Quise ir a por Doni y a por Tago (que por entonces todavía estaban "cerca") pero pfff la falta de practica se nota mucho

****AVISO**** ESCATOLOGÍA*****
Antes de empezar la carrera noté un olor muy fuerte que venía de los pedales, pero la emoción lo borró.
Al empezar la carrera identifiqué el olor a pies, uno de esos olores ácidos de calcetines castigados por la vida :calavera: :fundido:
No lo identifiqué hasta que estábamos en la parrilla de salida
(por los nervios de la carrera, o por el cansancio de la semana (justo volví a dormir al nene que se despertó a media qualy) no supe que me olían los pies a muerto :calavera: hasta que fue demasiado tarde.

...sin duda ese tufo constante y en aumento me desconcentró

No es una excusa Troop, no pude darte suficiente espacio en tu exterior :cry: Sorry again.

La última vuelta con Mr Sochenna fue de infarto, acabamos a solo 0.28 mierdésimas de segundo :baba: :roll:

Genial volver a veros!!
Gracias por todo!!

What a disaster of race i did :oops:
Many "problems" in my performance. I apologize to Mr.Trooper for all the scares I gave him, but mainly for "the touch" we had on the last laps

Very good qualy :shock: I could not believe that after such a long time I still managed to be only 0.5 seconds away from my best laps ( :anciano: back in 2008 or 2009)
as I said, it was very strange.
At the start, I came out with everything, with no fear, but skating and controlling the claws of the ferrari, .. sliding to the right, to the left :eek: with Tago in the mirrors becoming really huge :eek:
...so in T1 I raleased the pedal quite before than normally, without security.

In Lap 2 or 3 .. when braking in T1, the Ferry went left !? marking a 360º that still I dont know how I could save :nose:

Since then I was looking for the CONTROL, .. but I only found it while I was behind Xug, .. which I could follow :baba: until he flew up right in front of my nose :shock:

I wanted to go for Doni and for Tago (which were still "close" at that time) but pfff ...the lack of practice was very noticeable

**** NOTICE **** ESCATOLOGY *****
Before starting the race I noticed a very strong smell that came out from the pedals, but the emotion erased it.
At the start of the race I identified the smell of feet, one of those acidic smells of socks punished by life :calavera: :fundido:
I did not identify it until we were on the starting grid
(by the nerves of the race, or by the fatigue of the week (I just went back to sleep the baby who woke up at half qualy) when I did realize that that smell came from my feet :calavera: it was too late.

... no doubt that that increasing smell of the death deconcentrated me

It's not an excuse, Mr Troop, but really I couldnt give you enough space on your exterior: cry:
Sorry.

The last lap with Mr Sochenna was a breathtaking attack, we ended up just 0.28 milinothings of a second distance :roll:

Great to see you again !!
Thanks for everything!!

GRATS to the podium!!!!!
GRATS to todos !!
Quico!! Vente al rojo!!!

Un abrazón!
Imagen
Trooper 55

Mensaje por Trooper 55 »

Super Karakol escribió:Hi all !
Pido disculpas a Trooper por todos los sustos que le regalé, pero sobretodo por el toque en la penúltima vuelta :?
No te preocupes Karakol, fue lance de carrera. Lo único que lamenté es perder dos posiciones, pero fueron unas vueltas muy divertidas.
Lo que si recuerdo es el susto , cuando me pasaste en Jukskei Sweep. Pense que te matabas :lol: :lol: . Levante el pie y todo para no verme afectado. Pero no, conseguiste aguantar y poner el coche recto.

No tengo mucho mas que contar, salvo felicitar al podio. :aplauso: :aplauso: :aplauso: :aplauso: :aplauso:
" La percepción, sin comprobación ni fundamento, no es garantía suficiente de la verdad"
Responder