2nd 1955 F1 Championship - 05 - RAC Grand Prix

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Xug

2nd 1955 F1 Championship - 05 - RAC Grand Prix

Mensaje por Xug »

2nd 1955 F1 Championship

Imagen

Circuito / Track: Aintree 1955
Día / Date: 5 de marzo de 2019 / March 5th 2019
Vueltas / Laps: 19

GPLRank F1 1955: Imagen

ImagenImagen

Normas
Modo pro larga: 20 minutos de calificación y 30-40 minutos de carrera.
En modo pro no es posible reiniciar.
Prohibido adelantar bajo bandera amarilla.

Duración aproximada del evento: 1 h 10 min

21.55 h - 22.00 h Encuentro en el VROC (sala PDLR, sin contraseña), bienvenida y contraseña para entrar en el servidor
22.00 h - 22.20 h Entrada al servidor para 20 min de calificación
22.20 h - 23.00 h Carrera en modo pro larga, de unos 35 min
Las horas son CET o, del 31 de marzo al 27 de octubre, CEST.

Rules
Pro long mode: 20 minutes qualifying and 30-35 minutes race.
Under pro mode rules there is no [shift]+[r].
Overtaking is not allowed under yellow flags.

Approximate duration of the event: 1 h 10 min

21.55 h - 22.00 h Racers meet at VROC (chatroom: PDLR, no password), welcome and password for the race server
22.00 h - 22.20 h Server open, 20 min qualifying
22.20 h - 23.00 h Race: pro long mode, about 30-35 minutes
All times are CET or, from March 31st to October 27th, CEST.
Imagen
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Bien, los tiempos están conseguidos, el setup también, pero en este circuito la gestión de los frenos creo que es la más difícil de las que llevamos -la próxima es Monza10K-.

Me he dado alguna vuelta sin tocar los frenos para irme haciendo la idea de como se puede ir cuando los tienes rojo tomatero. El año pasado me fue mal... pero tengo espinitas clavadas y cuentas pendientes en todos los circuitos. :?

Well, the times are achieved, the setup too, but this circuit brake management I think is the most difficult of which we have -the next is Monza10K-.

I have taken some turns without touching the brakes to get the idea of how you can go when you have them red tomato. Last year I went wrong... but I have pending accounts in all circuits.
:?
no corrais que es peor...
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

The chat room appears to have been hacked.

Can we create another room with a password? Will that solve it?
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

I will try the Gordini for this round and M10K. Fun car!

As ever, it will be my goal to score no '64' laps in GPLRA by short-coursing through the Melling complex.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Clive Loynes escribió:The chat room appears to have been hacked.

Can we create another room with a password? Will that solve it?
I think all chanels at IRC where hacked ... now it seems to work properly :wink:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Doni Yourth escribió:I will try the Gordini for this round and M10K. Fun car!

As ever, it will be my goal to score no '64' laps in GPLRA by short-coursing through the Melling complex.
:mrgreen: Gordini is a fantastic car :wink:
Clive Loynes

Mezcua escribió:

Think it needs a five-speed gearbox to be "fantastic"! ;-)

And its brakes are probably the worst of all the 55mod cars.
Doni Yourth

Hi, fellas! Some of you may be interested in a read of this thread that I established over at the ADC about 1-1/2 years back. Still holds true today...

http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index.ph ... opic=39796
birle1

Mensaje por birle1 »

Chicos, como ya visteis ayer, hoy intentare no molestar. Estoy en 03s, lejos de los de delante. Eso si, me pide password para entrar en la sala. Me lo podeis mandar al mobil si s que hay. Si no cuando el server este lanzado entro. Llegare tarde del curro
Trooper 55

Mensaje por Trooper 55 »

quico escribió:Bien, los tiempos están conseguidos, el setup también, pero en este circuito la gestión de los frenos creo que es la más difícil de las que llevamos .....
Este circuito es imposible sin frenos :lol: :lol: a no ser que vayas como yo, paseando a Miss Daisy :lol: :lol:
" La percepción, sin comprobación ni fundamento, no es garantía suficiente de la verdad"
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Clive Loynes escribió:
Mezcua escribió:

Think it needs a five-speed gearbox to be "fantastic"! ;-)

And its brakes are probably the worst of all the 55mod cars.
:P You are right Clive ... but nevertheless its driving feeling is smoth and confortable :D and abobe all "gordini" remembers me my beloved Renault 8 with wich I learned to drive :diablo:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Doni Yourth escribió:Hi, fellas! Some of you may be interested in a read of this thread that I established over at the ADC about 1-1/2 years back. Still holds true today...

http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index.ph ... opic=39796
Interesting! and nice philosophy (I will read it with more time) :bien:
Clive Loynes

Congratulations to Quico and Doni as the only finishers at Aintree.

I had a good start and once Sergio had left me alone it was just a matter of staying on the grey bit but I failed.

I think that there was a pile up on lap one which put Quico about twenty seconds behind me. With six laps to go I forgot what I was doing at the Canal Turn and left a wheel on the fence!

Shame, as I really like the track because it's a real challenge in the 55s.

Things getting tight at Monza. ;-)
Última edición por Clive Loynes el Mié Mar 06, 2019 9:35 am, editado 1 vez en total.
Doni Yourth

Well... What can I say? If ever there was vindication for my 'driving philosophy' as outlined in the ADC link posted above, it was today. Not even beginning to approach my Gordini PB of a 2m06.66s effort, I started P8 of nine and barely a kilometer into the race, I'm up to P5. That would be P6 by the end of Lap01 as eventual victor, Quico, sailed by on the back straight. So sorry to see that Tago was a retirement in that Lap01 scrum. Stuck on a marker. Sigh...

Driving with great caution...OK, like a grandma..., I just took very good care of the brakes and hardly got a squeal from the tyres anywhere. As well, I took great pains to avoid scoring any '64' laps in GPLRA. This is a personal goal on such circuits where it is so easy to carve time and distance off a lap by running through the grass. Solitude would be another good example. I always look to score all laps 'on track' there, too, and frequently do.

As we got deeper into the race, I started to profit from assorted misfortunes to others. A huge collision directly in front of me on Lap03 at T2 involving Nick and Trooper had me up to P4. Very next lap and Sergio has his engine let go on the pit straight. Now I'm up to P3. What IS going on? Clive and Quico were long gone up the road. Only thing to keep an eye on at this point was Nick making a comeback. Lap06 and Nick got his chance with a stab up the inside going into the treacherous Canal corner but overshot and slipped off onto the grass verge to hand the place back to me in a flash. Two laps later and Nick once again was in a position to challenge but now had his own concern. Aitor had recovered from the first lap debacle and was close on Nick's tail through T1, Waterway. On braking for Anchor, Aitor clipped the tail of Nick's ride and both were out of the race in a blink. Bad luck, fellas.

This left me the unchallenged runner in P3 with more than half the race still to run. I was revelling in a podium in the little French putt-putt when on Lap14, my pit board flashed me, 'P2'. Poor Clive had fallen prey to Canal and lost wheels against the barrier. Very cruel.

Just cruised in for the last laps to claim a most unexpected P2. Not likely to be repeated at Monza.

Doni
quico

Mensaje por quico »

As Clive in lap 14, I went to sleep in the last lap, when and I reach T2 very very fast, and beated the bales :cabezazo: . In that point, for a second, you were so close to be the winner! (and the only one to finish) I was lucky and my car could continue.

Como Clive en la 14, en la última vuelta yo también me dormí, y me tragué T2, pero afortunadamente el coche aguantó y pude acabar la vuelta. Ahí, por un segundo, Doni fue el ganador y único en acabar la prueba!.
no corrais que es peor...
Responder