7th 1955 F1 Championship - 03 - Blandford International Road Races

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Mezcua

Re: 7th 1955 F1 Championship - 03 - Blandford International Road Races

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Thanks Gaiz ... Server also updated to 1.09

Better if you connect to the server now in Free Practice 4 to check that there is no problem.

FP4 starts in a while (10 minutes or so)

:piloto:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

When I follow the link the comments say that it is v1.08 so I have left everything alone.

https://gpladdons.the-fastlane.co.uk/tr ... als~671%29
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:director:

Blandford times updated with FP4

Código: Seleccionar todo

1 	G. Lopez55 	FER 	1:41.79
2 	C. Loynes55 	LAN 	1:42.28
3 	P. Skingley55 	CON 	1:43.45
4 	tagomago55 	LAN 	1:44.90 
5 	N. Xug 		FER 	1:49.56 
Good luck all for today

:piloto:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Great racing time at Blandford Camp :bien:

Welcome Pete ... it's been a pleasure to have you and your track for this event :brindis:

Imagen

Grats to Gaizka :primero: :raquel: Pete :segundo: :raquel: :tonto: & Paul :tercero: :raquel: :tonto:

Thanks all for racing :piloto: :baba:
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Congratulations to Gaizka, Pete and Paul.

As usual, I found that all my practice had slowed me down but I did manage to discover a way of getting around the place without hitting anything. Sadly I need an empty track in front of me to navigate effectively and following Gaizka, pete and Paul into the last corner of the first lap I lost the back end and spun onto the escape road. I should really have knocked it on the head there and then but I rejoined and managed to pass Doni, Tago and Enrique to get back to the nice empty track.

When everything looked set for a 4th place finish, my engine exploded as I crossed the line with a couple of laps to go. So I freewheeled down the straight and went to check that the cuckoo was ok.
I expect that over use of engine braking was a contributing factor.

Version 1.09 seemed to work ok but then I didn't indulge in any high speed pirouettes across the grass, which is what usually caused them.

EDIT: On lap 15 my sound cut out and after a few corners it came back when I fiddled with the mouse. On the race history graph I see that Pete had a slow lap then as well and I wondered what caused his?

Felicitaciones a Gaizka, Pete y Paul.

Como de costumbre, descubrí que toda mi práctica me había frenado pero logré descubrir una manera de moverme por el lugar sin golpearme con nada. Lamentablemente, necesito una pista vacía frente a mí para navegar con eficacia y, siguiendo a Gaizka, Pete y Paul hasta la última curva de la primera vuelta, perdí la parte trasera y giré hacia la vía de escape. Realmente debería haberme dado un golpe en la cabeza en ese momento, pero me reincorporé y logré adelantar a Doni, Tago y Enrique para volver a la bonita pista vacía.

Cuando todo parecía listo para terminar en cuarto lugar, mi motor explotó cuando crucé la línea con un par de vueltas para el final. Así que giré libremente por la recta y fui a comprobar que el cuco estaba bien.
Supongo que el uso excesivo del freno motor fue un factor contribuyente.

La versión 1.09 parecía funcionar bien, pero no me permití ninguna pirueta a alta velocidad sobre el césped, que es lo que normalmente las causaba.

EDITAR: En la vuelta 15 mi sonido se cortó y después de algunas curvas volvió cuando jugueteé con el mouse. En el gráfico del historial de carreras veo que Pete también tuvo una vuelta lenta y me pregunté qué causó la suya.
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Thanks all for racing.
Well done Gaizka for the win and Pete for 2nd.

My race was fun. Some close racing with Pete.
Apart from a mistake near the end of the race I was able to manage the brakes and be consistent.

Bad luck for the spin Clive.

Thanks for hosting.
See you next race.

Gracias a todos por competir.
Enhorabuena a Gaizka por la victoria y a Pete por el 2º puesto.

Mi carrera fue divertida. Algunas carreras reñidas con Pete.
Aparte de un error cerca del final de la carrera que fue capaz de gestionar los frenos y ser coherente.

Mala suerte con el trompo de Clive.

Gracias por ser el anfitrión.
Nos vemos en la próxima carrera.
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

A conservative run from me as there are several places here at Blandford Camp that will punish an overly optimistic approach. I had only one tense moment when I went in just a little too deep at Anson but managed to save it.

A tip of the hat to Xuggy for letting me have the place going into T1 off the start as he certainly had position on me. Sorry to see his rather dramatic exit later. Got ahead of Clive briefly when he spun entering Hood. Knew it wouldn't last and he soon blasted by. Grim luck for him later with a blown mill.

Apologies to Gaizka, Pete and Paul if I seemed a little reluctant to let you pass in a lapping situation. I was using the virtual mirror in the Vanwall for the first time...the default period-correct wing mirrors are rather hopeless...and I found it a little difficult to gauge exactly where a pursuing car was placed. I could easily pick up that I was being caught but I did not read the depth perception very well. Sorry, again.

Gaizka a fine victory! Pete a terrific run to place P2 and kudos to him for developing this fine circuit for GPL. Hope you can join us again. Paul a decent finish in P3. Well done, chaps!

On to Mendoza next and I do not relish my chances. I have some considerable difficulty with the circuit as previous experience has shown in other mods so it will be fingers X'd all the way.

Edit: BTW, is there anyway that we can get the PDLR promoted over in the following forum with a dedicated slot? Would help considerably on gaining some fresh entries, imo.

https://srmz.the-fastlane.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=32
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

Mezcua escribió: Lun Feb 26, 2024 8:55 pmhttps://gpladdons.the-fastlane.co.uk/tr ... quals~671) still points to v1.08
Reported in SRMZ (Blandford Camp - NEW TRACK Released)! :bien:
Edit: Already fixed in GPL Addons! :aplauso:

Clive Loynes escribió: Mar Feb 27, 2024 11:09 amEDIT: On lap 15 my sound cut out and after a few corners it came back when I fiddled with the mouse. On the race history graph I see that Pete had a slow lap then as well and I wondered what caused his?
Too many USBs maybe? Sound cut (thread from SRMZ).

Doni Yourth escribió: Mié Feb 28, 2024 3:01 pmApologies to Gaizka, Pete and Paul if I seemed a little reluctant to let you pass in a lapping situation. I was using the virtual mirror in the Vanwall for the first time...the default period-correct wing mirrors are rather hopeless...and I found it a little difficult to gauge exactly where a pursuing car was placed. I could easily pick up that I was being caught but I did not read the depth perception very well. Sorry, again.
As a former Vanwall driver, I totally feel for you. Great idea with the virtual mirror. Thank you for the explanation :wink:

Doni Yourth escribió: Mié Feb 28, 2024 3:01 pmEdit: BTW, is there anyway that we can get the PDLR promoted over in the following forum with a dedicated slot? Would help considerably on gaining some fresh entries, imo.

https://srmz.the-fastlane.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=32
We are doing our best in this other section instead: But it is true that we could have at least a link under Online Leagues that redirects here.

For my personal view, you may see this other post :adios:
GPL Rank = -92.907
Responder