6th 1955 F1 Championship - 11 - Targa Florio

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Mezcua

Re: 6th 1955 F1 Championship - 11 - Targa Florio

Mensaje por Mezcua »

42.21 :tonto: :piloto:
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

A gentle reminder... the Qualification session is today :!:
Xug escribió: Mié Abr 05, 2023 10:47 pmUna sola sesión de entreno el Lunes 8 de Mayo que dará el orden de salida para el Martes 9 de Mayo:

20.30 lanzamiento de 120 minutos de clasificación oficial + 1 vuelta de carrera de entrenos en modo GP

Estimación de horario
20.30 horas inicio
22.30 finaliza el tiempo de clasificación
Desde 22.30 hasta 22.43 Inicio de carrera, dependiendo de que haya alguien finalizando la clasificación
Tiempo estimado de 45-50 minutos de carrera
Finalización entre 23.15 y 23.33 horas

A single training session on Monday, May 8 will give the starting order for Tuesday, May 9:

20.30 launch of 120 minutes of official qualifying + 1 lap of practice race in GP mode.

Estimated schedule
20.30 start time
22.30 end of qualifying time
From 22.30 to 22.43 Start of race, depending on whether there is someone finalizing classification
Estimated race time 45-50 minutes
Finish between 23.15 and 23.33 hours

(Todas las horas son CET o, del 26 de marzo al 29 de octubre, CEST. / All times are CET or, from March 26th to October 29th, CEST)
GPL Rank = -92.907
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

Gaizka escribió: Vie Abr 07, 2023 10:08 amAsí que estoy a sólo 5 min del mejor tiempo, un sub 40 de Pedro van den Berg :shock: I am only 5 min behind Pedro van den Berg's best time here: 39:55.010.
Pedro ha sido relegado en la tabla de tiempos :blah: Pedro's time is no longer my goal.

Xug escribió: Dom May 07, 2023 12:09 am45.59.3 :mrgreen: :piloto:
Más impresionante si cabe es ver la dedicación que Xug y Aita han puesto en la preparación de este evento, entrenando día tras día... y eso que son los dos pilotillos con mayor número de participaciones en la historia de la liga.
:amor:
More impressive though is to see Tago & Xug training day after day for this event... despite being our top 2 starters in the history of PDLR. Truly inspiring.

Imagen
GPL Rank = -92.907
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Wow ! 490 races for Xug.... grats :)

Almost as many as me with GPLRACER
http://john.gplracer.net/test/fahrerkar ... 20skingley
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Algún día os atraparé bandidos :bien:
Someday I will catch you bandits

:director: Only a few minutes to start the official qualification ... good luck all :piloto:
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

I can't do more than one lap without a break.

My first lap was steady but at least I set a time.
After a cup of tea I had another go.
I think I was faster on that lap but with a few km to go I was too greedy at the end of the long straight and it ended there.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Realmente difícil encontrar el ritmo
Really difficult to find the rhythm

Por fin he conseguido una vuelta que pensaba sería lenta y para mi sorpresa he conseguido un 42.28 a tan solo 0.07 de mi PB, asi que como quedaba bastante Q me he ido a cenar
Finally I got a lap that I thought would be slow and to my surprise I got a 42.28 just 0.07 of my PB, so as there was enough Q left I went to dinner.

La vuelta de carrera me ha salido por fin con confianza y he rodado en 42.01 disfrutando :piloto: :baba:
finally did the race lap with confidence and ran 42.01 enjoying.

La parrila de salida para mañana
Starting grid for tomorrow

Código: Seleccionar todo

1 	G. Lopez55 	VAN 	39:20.75
2 	P. Skingley55 	LAN 	42:05.39
3 	Doni55 		VAN 	42:25.84
4 	tagomago55 	LAN 	42:28.75 
5 	N. Xug 		MER 	-
Ths all for racing ;)
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

I cut a reasonable time in yesterday's qualifying run. Can go somewhat faster but at the cost of increased danger of not surviving. I should think that even if your car is badly damaged thanks to an indiscretion, it will pay you to soldier on to the finish since there is every chance that nobody else will even finish! :D
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D Great racing time at Targa Florio

Vanwall power today :piloto:

Imagen

Grats to Gaizka :primero: :cava: Doni :segundo: :tonto: , Tago :tercero: :raquel: and Xuggy finishing 4th :cava: :bien:

A pity Paul did not complete the lap

Thx all for racing ;)
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Replay de la clasificación :arrow: Classification replay

;)
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Well done Gaiz and all that finished.

Although Targa is great to have in GPL I do not like driving it. Too many similar looking 1st gear corners for me.
I ended up the wrong side of the bollards and could not get back on the track.

Thanks for organising and for the fun this season. :)
Doni Yourth

Gaizka making it look so, so easy. Great drive for a deserving win.

Sorry to see Paul fall afoul of this treacherous circuit. I couldn't have done much to challenge him.

Tago and Xuggy doing well just to bring their cars home to a finish. Well done, gys.

A P2 finish for me and I'm a lucky boy to have it. Not in the least pleased with my drive. In the early going, I was making a pig's breakfast of things by bouncing off assorted objects with great frequency. It is a testament to the hardiness of the Vanwall that it survived those early indiscretions. I enjoyed the race format and had Paul in sight for about 95% of the time til he suffered his unfortunate miscue. Perhaps having a competitor directly in sight for position had something to do with my control difficulties as all previous Targa events that I've participated in have been on a lap time recorded only format. Once Paul had fallen off the road to hand me P2, my driving improved immeasurably but I couldn't fall asleep as I didn't know if he was coming back at me or if Tago or Xuggy was putting on a surge. I only use my pit board for data updates; I don't use Pribluda for live-timing and anyone could have suddenly popped up in my mirrors to make life interesting. As it so happened, that was not the case and I scored a somewhat unworthy P2. Hats off to Tago and Xuggy for their results. It's a triumph just to finish.

TY for hosting another great season! :)
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

Enhorabuena al podio, los tres hicisteis una gran carrera!
:cava: Gaizka :primero:, Doni :segundo: y Tago :tercero: :cava:
Lástima por Paul.
Encuentro q tiene tanto mérito acabar aquí que yo me quedé bien satisfecho con mi P4. Ha sido emocionante preparar la carrera estas dos semanas y poder terminar ayer. Votaré repetir el año que viene.

Y una grandisima enhorabuena al podio del campeonato!
:cava: Gaizka :primero:, Paul :segundo: y Doni :tercero: :cava:
Tanto Paul como Doni han pilotado con rapidez y solvencia, y merecen estar ahí. También lo merecen Clive o Tago, pero en el podio solo caben tres. Lo de Gaizka no tiene nombre: ha de descartar un segundo puesto como peor resultado en 11 carreras :roll:

Congratulations to the podium, the three of you did a great race!
Sorry for Paul.
I find that finishing here has so much merit that I was very satisfied with my P4. It has been exciting preparing for the race these two weeks and being able to finish yesterday. I will vote repeat next year.

And a huge congratulations to the championship podium!
Both Paul and Doni have driven quickly and confidently and they deserve to be there. Clive or Tago also deserve it, but only three fit on the podium. Gaizka is in another level: he has to discard a P2 as the worst result in 11 races
Última edición por Xug el Mar Jun 27, 2023 6:22 pm, editado 1 vez en total.
Imagen
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Un gran final de fiesta rodar aquí en el Targa con buena compañía :bien:

El tiempo de preparación ha sido un disfrute y correr una carrera aqui es algo emocionante :baba:

Tanto el día de clasificación oficial como el calentamiento me costó mucho encontrar mi ritmo para hacer un buen tiempo, con lo que en carrera tuve que salir conservador y esperar que pasaran cosas. Paul si que tuvo mala suerte, pero Doni consiguió llevar su abollado vanwall a la meta en un tiempo respetable, así que mi enhorabuena y felicitaciones porque nos desbanca a Clive y a mi del podium final del campeonato :brindis:

Mi enhorabuena a Gaiz por un rendimiento excelente :piloto: y a Paul por ser un gran adversario :bien:

Thx all for racing ;)

A great end to the party to ride here at the Targa with good company :bien:

The preparation time has been a pleasure and running a race here is something exciting :baba:

On both the official qualifying day and the warm up I struggled to find my rhythm to set a good time, so in the race I had to be conservative and wait for things to happen. Paul had some bad luck, but Doni managed to bring his dented vanwall to the finish line in a respectable time, so my congratulations because he unseats Clive and me from the final podium of the championship :brindis:

My congratulations to Gaiz for an excellent performance :piloto: and to Paul for being a great adversary :bien:

Thx all for racing ;)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator and reviewed by me
Doni Yourth

Holy Smokes! You mean I took P3 in the title standings thanks to my Targa result? I'm shocked! I mean, I'll take it to the bank but as noted above in my post, it was not a drive to be proud of in the least.
Responder