5th 1955 F1 Championship - 09 - Gran Premio di Siracusa

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Gaizka
Benefactor
Contactar:

Mensaje por Gaizka »

Indeed, Clive :tonto:

Código: Seleccionar todo

1:55.677	quico giralt	F1	Vanwall	Training	2022-03-30
Quico, ¿por fin surgió el amor con el Vanwall? Cuéntamos más :D
Quico, is that love? Tell us more about your progress with the Vanwall :D
GPL Rank = -92.907
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Clive Loynes escribió:I really don'y know what I'm doing with the Ferrari. I can see that Quico has posted a 1:55 something on GPLRank but I can't do better than a 1:57
Dont pay attention to that guy, it's a bit like a ghost, a lot of noise and nohing behind :D
Gaizka escribió:Quico, ¿por fin surgió el amor con el Vanwall? Cuéntamos más :D
Quico, is that love? Tell us more about your progress with the Vanwall :D
Ah, no, no, llevo años entendiéndome bien con el Vanwall. Lo que pasa es que este año no he podido entrenar nada de nada y muchos circuitos eran nuevos... un desastre. De todas formas, sigo sin encontrar un setup para la carrera, no consigo regularidad.

Ah, no, no, I've been getting on well with Vanwall for years. What happens is that this year I haven't been able to train at all and many tracks were new... a disaster. Anyway, I still can't find a setup for the race, I can't get consistency.
no corrais que es peor...
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D :D :D

:director: Free Practice sessions for Syracuse started

Drivers welcome :piloto:

:arrow: FP1

:arrow: FP2

:arrow: FP3
Última edición por Mezcua el Mar Abr 05, 2022 8:14 pm, editado 1 vez en total.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:director: Free Practice 4 started .... drivers welcome :piloto:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:director:

Take note that yesterday the pole was on the right because of a mistake I made when modifying the grid positions ... but today it is on the left which is where it corresponds with a distance for the flag man to be seen.

Good luck all for today

Ayer la pole estaba a la derecha, por un error mío al modificar la posiciones de parrilla ... pero hoy está a la izquierda que es donde le corresponde con mayor distancia para que se vea a Juan Luis

Suerte a todos para hoy

;)
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Great racing night at Syracuse :piloto:

Imagen

Grats to Gaizka for a win :primero: :tonto: Paul for :segundo: :cava: and Doni :tercero: :tonto: :tonto:

Thanks all for racing :baba:
Paul_S

Mensaje por Paul_S »

Thanks for hosting.

Just arrived from my 65 race where I was taken out on the the first lap and my mood was not good. And here I could not do a single clean lap in qualification or the race which annoyed me even more.

I should have sat this one out but luckily I did not hit anyone else.

Congrats to Gaizka and Doni.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

I was in a sorry state last night. Just didn't have my racing head on.

I couldn't find a qually lap to save my life and I was lucky to finish at all.

Well done to Gaizka, Paul and Doni.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Report corto: parezco el Tío Gilito arranplando con 5 puntos en este GP

Imagen

Report mas enrollado:

La velocidad pura no es lo mío asi que mi planteamiento solo podía consistir en saliendo de atrás mantener un buen ritmo (1 punto por la consistencia :mrgreen:) y buscar que la suerte me hiciera prosperar (1 punto por la remontada :mrgreen:)

Luego tenía un 5º en el bolsillo cuando la mala suerte de Jorge lo convirtió en un 4º

En la calificación quedé atrás en la tabla con opciones a rodar con alguien en el grupo

Clive tuvo mala suerte en la salida y al quedar encerrado batallamos la posicion ... Más tarde perdió un poquito el trasero y al sobrepasarlo me encontré a Quico buscando el ritmo ... y también pude sobrepasarlo ... luego sabia que Quico vendría a por mi ... perdona por mi fallo cuando me superas ... por suerte pude corregir a tiempo y la cosa se saldó bien

Luego todo fue mantener el ritmo hasta el final

Jorge hiziste una carrera excepcional primero con Doni, luego te fuiste hasta Paul y luego ya tuviste mala suerte en plena batalla por el 2º puesto :roll:

y Paul quizás no tenia el día pero está siendo el piloto a batir dándole un nivel excepcional al campeonato :bien:

Thx all for racing :piloto: :baba:

Short report: I seem to be Scrooge McDuck with a 5 points bag from this GP

Imagen

(Not very) Long report:

Pure speed is not mine so my plan could only be keep a good pace (1 point for consistency :mrgreen:) and find some luck coming from the back (1 point for highest climber :mrgreen:)

Then I had a 5th place when a disaster for Jorge gave me the final 4th position

Qualy put me back in the grid but with options to roll with the group

Bad luck from Clive being closed at the start we fight for position ... Later in the same lap he lost the back and could overtake him so found Quico still trying to find his pace ... And I could overtake him too ... then I knew Quico sooner or later would caught me ... sorry Quico for my mistake when you overtake me ... luckly we both managed to solve the thing

Jorge you made a fantastic race, at first with Doni, then you arrive to Paul and then so bad luck fighting with him for 2nd :roll:

and Paul maybe it was not your day but you are the driver to beat giving this champ a great level :bien:

Thx all for racing :piloto: :baba:
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Great run by Gaizka to score the win. Paul a good P2. A surprise podium for me and I must confess, quite unworthy of it. Should have easily been Jorge's.

I was quite pleased to shave off nearly a full second in qualifying from my pre-race practice sessions. I got a fine launch from the grid to pass Quico and take up the fight with Jorge. That was a real blast! I actually got ahead briefly and after a half dozen laps or so, was surprised to find that both Gaizka and Paul were still within sight. This is an unforgiving circuit and soon, the errors started to creep in. A hefty smash into the stone walls in the serpentine and a few cuffs of the haybales exiting the Curva Carpinteri complex set me back from Jorge to the point that I decided to scale back my pace and get it home in one piece. Quico was very close at one point til a spin set him back. A P4 placing not altogether unsatisfactory. Imagine my surprise...and dismay...to see that I flagged in with P3 thanks to Jorge coming to grief up against those wretched haybales in Curva Carpinteri. Bad luck there, amigo. Most undeserved.

To walk away from Syracuse with a podium is welcome under most circumstances but not like this. A pure gift.

PS: As I write this, it's April 06. Tomorrow, April 07, will mark 54 years since the great Jimmy Clark lost his life. Raise a glass to his memory, fellas.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Responder