3rd 1965 Formula 1 Challenge - 06 - Ulster Tourist Trophy

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

JaniP escribió:Grats Doni and podium!

Weekly report page:
http://freeleo.hu/weekly/?p:races/201911051/
Don't think that I'm due the fastest lap point as I didn't do 50% of the race distance. I don't think that anyone gets it.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Just tried Ahvenisto...............................Think I would like to swap the BT7 for a 250cc Kart!
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Well, I'm just stunned to come home the victor here at Dundrod. Surviving 10 laps here is reward enough. Qualifying only 5th, I never would have imagined taking the win. Of course, I had help. Poor Jani and Clive eliminated in a blink in a two-car shunt from a commanding lead. Supremely bad luck there for each. Quico never even managed a lap before being sucked up into one of the many hedges lining the circuit where despite all his efforts, there was no escape. Tristan had his chances but fell off the road to lose the lead and ultimately crash out. Perhaps it should be brought to his attention that 'graded' drivers should not be using a top-flight ride, hmmm... A Cooper or BT7 for him next time out.

Pleased to see that Tago scored a fine P2 after a steady drive and that Nick brought the sole BRM home to the final podium place after a brilliant qualifying run to P3. Well done, Nick. Kudos to Jani for taking a splendid pole position in the Honda.

Off to Ahvenisto next where survival, again, will be of paramount importance.
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Responder