3rd 1965 Formula 1 Challenge - 04 - Bathurst 500

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

I have a great collection of third places!
Sochenna

Mensaje por Sochenna »

Congratulations to Doni, Jani and Clive, not forgetting Sergio, who let the victory slip.

For my side there got 2 points, more for the bad luck of others. Well, some run and I walk (the weight of my age takes many horses to my Lotus), but satisfied with what I got.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Sochenna escribió:Congratulations to Doni, Jani and Clive, not forgetting Sergio, who let the victory slip.

For my side there got 2 points, more for the bad luck of others. Well, some run and I walk (the weight of my age takes many horses to my Lotus), but satisfied with what I got.

Well done David. All we can do is keep our heads down and go for it!
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Hola, amigos! :)

Have you all read the headlines over at GPLWeekly? My PR man has been working overtime. He's convinced the management there to print...

'Doni Yourth unmatched...' 'Doni Yourth peerless...' 'Doni Yourth delivered a great drive...' And on it goes. LOL!

Nowhere does it say that I was hanging on by my fingertips and lucky to run as high as P4 in the early going. Only with the most unfortunate collision between Clive & Jani did I move into P2 and with the incredibly unlucky Quico to suffer a disco...again...did I get the lead. There's an old phrase that covers this nicely. 'I would rather be lucky than good anyday.'

Jani put up a fine drive after the collision and set a blistering FTD. Well done, Jani. Without your delay in hanging back for Clive, you surely would have gunned me down. Clive survived that collision drama to recover for a P3 placing. Sergio with a most uncommon run to P4. That won't be typical, will it? David went well for a good P5 finish.

Bad luck for Nick, Tago and Trooper.

Next stop on the tour is Blue Mountain, a fantasy track that I've never raced before. Looks like fun! :)
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Jani didn't mention you're also a headache! (for me) :?
no corrais que es peor...
JaniP
Contactar:

Mensaje por JaniP »

Hehe, those headline schemes are pre-generated and chosed randomly :D
Groundhog GPL Weekly || Custom Rank
www.formulado.hu/weekly
Responder