3rd 1965 Formula 1 Challenge - 03 - Cadwell Trophy Race

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

A very lucky P2 placing for me here at Cadwell. Fun track, Cadwell, but my!, it's a crazy place! :)

If not for others having dramas, I would have finished much further down the order. Off the start, I fell from P5 to P6 as Cayo got his Ferrari up alongside going into T1 and I had to yield. Not even a lap in, though, Cayo and Aitor collided sending them both off to promote me to P4. A few laps later, Clive had a moment in the devilish Hall Bends to spin and lose a position. Up to a most unexpected P3 at this time, I just concentrated on making no mistakes and awaiting developments. One came on Lap12 when Quico lost time and fell back to within range. Not close enough to challenge by any means, I got a break on Lap14 when he got very sideways in Coppice and Charlie's and lost drive up the hill. I only just managed to squeak by for P2. Cruel luck for Quico as with just over a lap to run, it seems he suffered a disco robbing him of P3. Bad luck there. Sergio was long gone by this time and only a reduced pace by him late in the going made the gap respectable. Clive finished up P3. Nice drive by Jani to score a P4.

C U in Australia! :)
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Well done Doni and Sergio.

In an effort to find more speed I dug out a setup that gave me more steering when on the power. But I think that it was more of a qualifying setup rather than a race setup. It was quick when I was still in control but very soon got away from me.

Think that I will revert to my, more stable, default derived attempts for future races.
birle1

Mensaje por birle1 »

buenas chicos.

dia de carrera y yo sin decir nada de la anterior. aunque no hay mucho que decir. pedir perdon a los que toque, y por mi agresividad. a tago le toque cuando decidi acercarme un poco pa atacar y justo se le fue un pelin el coche. a cayo cuando volvio de una excursion en lap 1 despues de la chicane. despues de este primer choque me quede detras de coches mas lentos y en cadwell es imposible adelantar.

creya que podria correr en blue mountain, pero ahora no estoy tan seguro. esta semana no puedo pues trabajo de noche.

bad race for me. I raced a little bit agresive and had some hits with other racers. so sorry to cayo, tago and david, if I remember well. i could not be in front with all the aliens. see you ... don´t know when.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D Aitor nada que perdonar ... más bien mis disculpas por ser más lento que el caballo del malo ... pude entrenar poco por problemas de la fuente de alimentación y me faltaba sujección del coche en la entrada a algunas curvas ... / Aitor nothing to forgive ... rather my apologies for being slower than the horse of the bad ... My training was short because of power supply problems and I lacked fastening the car at the entrance to some curves ...

:brindis:
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Aunque ha pasado tiempo, veo que no hice crónica ni de Pau ni de Cadwell. Las dos tuvieron algo en común: Doni.

Bien, Clive también achucha, pero tiene la delicadeza de sufrir algún percance para no molestar demasiado. En Pau iba delante de mi cuando explotó su motor, y en Cadwell forzó su ritmo y tuvo un percance en las primeras vueltas que lo retrasó cuando iba detrás mío.

Pero Doni no. En Pau cuando me creía que tenía margen para ir tranquilo en segunda posición, empecé a verle en los retrovisores. Empecé a cometer pequeños errores (a conducir mal) hasta que se pegó a mi y me hizo perder los nervios en el curvón de la parte alta del circuito, cometiendo un error que le permitió adelantarme tranquilamente. Desgraciadamente (para el) tuvo el toque con Sergio con lo que me devolvió mi segunda plaza en la última vuelta.

En Cadwell yo tenía mucha más ventaja sobre Doni mientras Sergio se iba escapando en cabeza, pero un error en la bajada me hizo perder tiempo y eso permitió que Doni me tuviera ya en el punto de mira. Se fue acercando con ese gran ritmo que consigue en carrera y empecé otra vez a conducir mal, lo que lleva a hacer malos tiempos -con lo que se acerca más deprisa- y en la parte alta de T2 perdí el control del coche y me adelantó otra vez sin despeinarse. Un par de vueltas después, cuando faltaba poco más de una vuelta para terminar la carrera, se me congeló la pantalla. :roto:

Although time has passed, I see that I did not chronicle either Pau or Cadwell. The two had something in common: Doni.

Well, Clive also harassed, but has the delicacy of suffering some mishap not to bother too much. In Pau he was in front of me when his engine exploded, and in Cadwell he forced his rhythm and had a mishap in the first laps that delayed him when he was behind me.

But Doni no. In Pau when I thought I had enough gap to go quiet in second position, I began to see him in the mirrors. I began to make small mistakes (to drive badly) until he stuck to me and made me lose my nerve in the bend of the upper part of the circuit, making a mistake that allowed him to get ahead calmly. Unfortunately (for him) he had the touch with Sergio which gave me back my second place in the last lap.

In Cadwell I had much more advantage over Doni while Sergio was escaping in the head, but an error in the descent made me waste time and that allowed Doni to have me in the spotlight. He was approaching with that great pace that he gets in the races and I started driving again badly, which leads to bad times - with what is approaching faster - and in the upper part of T2 I lost control of the car and he advanced me again without disheveled. A couple of laps later, when it was just over a lap to finish the race, my screen froze.
:roto:
no corrais que es peor...
Responder