2019 F1 1967 - 12 - Gran Premi Penya Rhin

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Clive Loynes escribió: ...
Jani currently trying to register with PDLR, without success, and hopes to race in the 65 season. Can someone help him?

Thank you.
Due to the increasing activity of false registers in this forum we have narrow to the maximum the posibility of registration

This will force that real people will not be able to register: if this is the case please send me a message to aita.gaiztor.com (just change first dot by an @) and let me know your user and mail account and I will let you register.

Please, tell Jani to email me the user he wants and his email :wink:
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

:D Done Jani --> look at your email :wink:
JaniP
Contactar:

Mensaje por JaniP »

Mezcua escribió::D Done Jani --> look at your email :wink:
Thanks Jose!

I thoroughly enjoyed Tuesday race. Montjuic is a really special track, but not an easy one with Papyrus cars. I had a solid performance, made some minor mistakes here and there, but overall it was a great race. Race graph tells is all.

Congrats Sergio and podium! Thanks David, Nick and all! See you next time!
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

A great drive to victory from Sergio to cement his position as P2 finisher in our PDLR GP67 Championship run. Well done.

Tago scores a solid P2 after a mid-race duel with me before I got a little too ambitious over the yump and binned the BRM. Bugger!

Nick another good drive to P3 in the Eagle with Jani joining us in a BRM and putting up a pretty decent performance with his debut in the PDLR. Good show.

I can't say that I was sorry to see the server choke and throw out our first qualifying efforts. I couldn't keep my BRM pointed in the right direction to save my soul! This was a disappointment as usually, I do reasonably well here. With the reset and getting a second chance to qualify, I pulled in my horns on trying to be the hero driver and was content to just set a time with race fuel aboard. I got a good launch and for a short while, it looked like I might pip Tago for a place at the first hairpin but bungling my gear changedown and creeping around that tight left-hander in 2nd gear instead of 1st killed my acceleration and Tago easily took up the place. I was content to just tick off some laps and wait for developments. It didn't take long. Just behind me, Clive shunted his Eagle into the barrier on Lap01 and was stuck. Just ahead, Nick slammed a barrier to lose two positions but continue, at least. I played it carefully until retirements ahead got me up the order. Pelle had settled into a solid P2 placing til contact with a barrier on Lap10 seemed to destroy the handling of the Honda and after a couple more spins shortly after, he called it a day. Too bad. Lap10 was also one of drama for Sergio. I see by the replay cap that Sergio dodged a bullet by surviving a pretty hefty clout of the barriers in Pueblo Espanol.

Pelle's retirement vaulted me up to a surprise P3 not all that far behind Tago. In my chase, I was at least pleased post-race to discover that on Lap11, I set a new personal best lap time despite still having quite a bit of fuel onboard. My efforts brought me up to within two seconds of Tago when, on Lap15, he had a serious wobble going over the jump and nailed the inner barriers. This cost him considerable time and easily let me by for position. Not for the world would I have expected to see 'P2' on my pit board. :) It was not to last long. Starting Lap18, I had a wobble going over the jump, lost control and drilled the outer barrier hard enough to lose a front wheel. Sigh...

We've already crowned Clive as our champion and we salute him! With his fine win here, Sergio is now a comfortable P2 in the title standings. From what I can determine, my 5th place finish earns me just enough to shade Tago and Nick for P3 in the standings. That's subject to confirmation, of course.

I'd just like to say that I've enjoyed enormously my time here at the PDLR. I've made new friends which I cherish dearly. My thanks to the organization and all who competed.

I shall return for selected GP65 races come September and look forward to crossing swords with my amigos again. Take care! :)

Doni
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
quico

Mensaje por quico »

A pesar de llevar casi una semana solo en casa, solo pude coger el volante para la pachanga del lunes anterior a la carrera, así que la cosa estaba donde se quedó la última vez que estuve aquí. Tenía los mismos problemas de siempre cuando llego a Portugal. El martes tampoco tuve tiempo de rodar excepto una muy corta sesión antes de la carrera. El resultado fue otra carrera “portuguesa”, en la que no podía rodar ni siquiera yendo despacio. Lo gracioso es que con los 55s y los 65s no tengo el problema -que yo recuerde-, me adapto bien a correr con ellos. Otra pena porque en Montjuic tengo también posibilidades de dar guerra.

Ha sido quizá mi peor temporada, con solo dos podios: dos segundos puestos, uno en Spa ¿¿¿??? entre los dos aviones-eagle y otro en el ring, detrás del Honda de Dag (maravillosa carrera la suya). Solo pude puntuar en otras dos carreras (4º), Brands y Silverstron. Lo malo es que no he podido casi competir que es lo divertido más allá de los resultados.

Enhorabuena a todos los demás. De los habituales, solo Trooper ha quedado detrás mio en el campeonato -David un poquito-, y no entiendo muy bien por qué, porque ya tiene una velocidad y una solidez tremendas. Quizá algo más de entreno, pero eso los que no estais jubilados lo teneis más crudo, en el gpl para eso la edad es una ventaja.

Una última recomendación: se que quedasteis muy escarmentados de los GTs cuando hicimos aquellos campeonatos, pero el nuevo mod no tiene nada que ver. Plantearos seriamente conocerlo (no hace falta rodar mucho para ver que es diferente).

Despite taking almost a week alone at home, I could only take the wheel for the pachanga on the Monday before the race, so the thing was where it stayed the last time I was here. I had the same problems as always when I arrived in Portugal. On Tuesday I also had no time to shoot except a very short session before the race. The result was another "portuguese" race, in which could not shoot or even go slow. The strange thing is that with the 55s and 65s I do not have the problem - which I remember - I adapt well to running with them. Another pity because in Montjuic I also have possibilities of giving fight.

Maybe it's my worst season, with only two podiums: two second places, one at Spa ¿¿¿??? between the two jetplanes-eagle and another in the ring, behind the Honda of Dag (wonderful race yours). I could only score in two other races (4th), Brands and Silverstron. The bad thing is that I have not been able to compete, which is fun, beyond the results.

Congratulations to all the others. Of the usual, only Trooper has been behind me in the championship -David a bit-, and I do not understand very well why, because he already has great speed and solidity. Maybe something more training, but that those who are not retired you have more raw, in the gpl for that age is an advantage.

One last recommendation: I know that you were very chastened of the GTs when we did those championships, but the new mod has nothing to do with it. Pose seriously to know it (no need to shoot a lot to see what is different).
Última edición por quico el Vie Jul 19, 2019 8:15 pm, editado 1 vez en total.
no corrais que es peor...
Sochenna

Mensaje por Sochenna »

Felicitaciones a Sergio (más otro gran evento), en la secuencia de magníficas exebiciones (perdón por las tres carreras iniciales sin anotar) y fue mi favorito para el campeonato. Lo mismo para José y Xavier para podios.

Para mí estaba luchando con Jani y Xavier, esperando un mejor resultado cuando Pelle me "invitó" a que me fuera.

Felicitaciones a Clive por el campeonato.

A todos los participantes el m / gracias por las peleas y buena diversión.

(Congratulations to Sergio (plus another great event), in the sequence of magnificent exebitions (sorry for the three initial races without scoring) and was my favorite for the championship. Same for Joseph and Xavier for podiums.

For me I was struggling with Jani and Xavier, hoping for a better result when Pelle "invited" me to leave.

Congratulations to Clive for the championship.

To all the participants the m / thank you for the fights and good fun.)
Pelle_B
Contactar:

Mensaje por Pelle_B »

Big Grats Sergio, Tago, Xug :aplauso:
...& now for the giant Grats, for our new Champ Clive, Sergio & Doni
:ola:

Qual:
This has never been my track, but satisfied with my starting position :)

Race:
Start is close to T1 & is now just behind Sergio, a place that is really good...but Sergio has really raised some extra power out of the Cooper & is hard to follow :o
Coming too close to fence (a couple of times) & now my Grosso is impossible to control :? I try to get in the pit because, in HIES we can drive in the pit & get the car repaired...DOH, this is NOT HIES. Unfortunately, I have a spin in the fast long left turn & I take David in the fall, ARGH. Big Sry David, but the car was completely out of control, rushing to hit the ESC & race finish :cry: Sorry my season should end this way.

Beautiful debut of Jani & ends 4 :bien: & Doni of 5 :wink:...totally deserved, I should not have run stockcar :roll:

Thanks for a fantastic season here at PDLR, unfortunately I was unfortunate to forget too many races...looking for next season with 1967 :brindis:
Responder