2019 F1 1967 - 11 - Grande Prémio de Portugal

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

extra! extra! international edition! :mrgreen:
Imagen

(tengo un pc nuevo que hace cosas que yo pensaba que no, como p.e. capturas del GPL sin ayuda...) :jiji:

:cava: grats, Doni :primero: Sergio :segundo: & David, podium at home :D :tercero: :cava:
Última edición por Xug el Mié Jul 10, 2019 11:42 pm, editado 1 vez en total.
Imagen
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Congratulations to Doni on a fine win and to Sergio and David on their podium finishes.

My Eagle exploded on the first lap. :( But I was happy with my pole position, having grabbed my Spa setup at about 7:30pm and set about making the gear ratios long enough. Probably wouldn't have made it to the finish anyway as I only managed four laps without a crash, and that was just the once!

I watched the race from Sergio's Cooper, so I finished the race covered in straw and stones!

Not an easy place to make a pass unless the bloke in front makes a mistake and Doni wasn't making any.

Not sure why David allowed Sergio back to second?

See you next time. I'm crap at that one too!

Felicitaciones a Doni por una excelente victoria ya Sergio y David por sus podios.

Mi Águila explotó en la primera vuelta. :( Pero estaba contento con mi pole position, habiendo tomado la configuración de mi Spa aproximadamente a las 7:30 pm y me puse a hacer que las relaciones de transmisión fueran lo suficientemente largas. Probablemente no hubiera llegado al final de todos modos, ya que solo logré cuatro vueltas sin un Choque, y eso fue solo una vez!

Vi la carrera de Sergio's Cooper, ¡así que terminé la carrera cubierta de paja y piedras!

No es un lugar fácil para hacer un pase a menos que el tipo que está delante cometa un error y Doni no haya cometido ninguno.

¿No estás seguro de por qué David permitió que Sergio volviera a segundo?

Nos vemos la proxima vez ¡Soy una mierda en eso también!
Clive Loynes

GPLWeekly appears to be broken at the minute but I shall update it when possible.

GPLWeekly parece estar rota en el momento, pero la actualizaré cuando sea posible.
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

A most unexpected result, chaps. Not for a minute did I expect to emerge the victor here at Porto. My main task was simply to survive. This is a beautiful circuit that has a number of booby traps like tram tracks that can so easily trip you up. As well, haybales are ready to grab and hold a car. More than once in pre-race trials, I ended up speared on the end of the bales entering T1.

The no-shows of both Quico and Pelle were keenly felt. Hope that they are both back soon.

Clive cut a fine lap in qualifying to score pole but as so often can happen with the fragile Eagle-Weslake, his race ended early with a blown engine. Very sad. Tago might have been in line for a good finish but a most unfortunate collision with Trooper in the switchbacks had him done before he even had a chance to work up a sweat. Bad luck there, amigo. Trooper, Cayo and Aitor were also fallers.

Going to the grid, I found that I was outside in P3 on the front row. I couldn't see the starter. A quick glance with my 'Look Left' button on my G25 steering wheel showed him out of view on my left. 'Oh, boy! Now what?' My clutch function has been a button on the shifter console for the last couple of years thanks to a Windows 10 update that rendered the clutch pedal dead. Well I can't Look Left and push the console clutch button with the same hand so I quickly swapped over to the F10 chase view to see the starter. He was only just in view. When the flag dropped, I released the clutch button, got a good launch and got my left hand back onto the wheel. I very quickly used my right hand to hit the F10 key to go back to the cockpit. On the run over to T1, I took a peak to my left with the 'Look Left' button on the wheel to see that I was clear of both Clive and Sergio so decided to dive in there at speed. Some pretty hectic hand motions going on there, gys. :)

I expected to get gunned down on the long straight running to T2 and was somewhat surprised to arrive there still in the lead. Clive and Sergio were disputing P2 and allowed me to stay on the point. Clive's engine called it quits soon after to end his day. Sergio lost ground in avoiding Clive's slowing Eagle with David and Trooper able to pass. Finishing Lap01, I couldn't see anyone in my mirrors and wondered if there'd been a massive shunt in the twisties decimating the field. I rely exclusively on my pit board to give me my status and was shocked to see that coming up to the S/F line on Lap02, my pit guy was flashing me that David was P2 some six seconds behind. I was sure that there'd been a whole host of retirements. It wasn't until Lap04 that I learned that Sergio was still in the mix now up to P2 and chasing hard. I could see Sergio coming fast especially in the twisties where he was light-years faster. The end of Lap05 had me barely one second in the lead. My only advantage over the Cooper was a 4-5 mph advantage on the main straight which was a big help in fending off any pass attempts at T2. While it was abundantly clear that Sergio was far faster, a couple of mis-steps denied him the opportunity to make a bid for the lead. Lap09 was Sergio's last real challenge as he was all over me in the twisties. Trouble is that there is so little opportunity to make a pass there however faster one might be. Lap10 and disaster for Sergio's fortunes. A spin in the twisties while looking for a place to pass on Lap10 let David through for P2 and dropped him well off the lead. He lost about 20 seconds all told and virtually all chance of a win. Fighting back, he caught and passed David for P2 on Lap13 but my lead was too great to overcome. Sergio finish P2 with a blistering FTD in the 14 second bracket with David a fine P3 in what has to be his best race in my memory. Good show. Nick preserved for P4 being the last finisher.

All in all, a dream race for me and it went a long way to make up for the Silverstone disappointment.

Off to Montjuich next! It'll be hard to keep all four wheels of the BRM pointed in the same direction there. :)
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Pelle_B
Contactar:

Mensaje por Pelle_B »

Big Grats Doni, Sergio & David :porfa:

Sry, Sry & Sry...yes, it went wrong Again, DOH
My daughter is visiting (living in Findland) & yesterday I was too lazy to cook & we ended up course at McD...on the way home (time 23:30) I came to think about...PDLR :oops:

Hope you all had a fun race...see you next time on my had track no 1 :D
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

Championship table is updated and... if everything is ok, we have a champion!
:cava: grats, Clive! :cava: :D
:piloto:
Imagen
Clive Loynes

Xug escribió:Championship table is updated and... if everything is ok, we have a champion!
:cava: grats, Clive! :cava: :D
:piloto:
Thanks Xavier.

And thanks to all at PDLR for a fun time.

I've run out of '55 races so I guess the wheel will go back into storage.

A special thank you to Pelle, for forgetting so many races! :D
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Is this official? Clive is champion? It seems likely despite the standings page on the website not listing anything in the way of points earned after Mosport.

Hearty congratulations to you, Clive! You did a fine job. :)
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Clive Loynes

Doni Yourth escribió:Is this official? Clive is champion? It seems likely despite the standings page on the website not listing anything in the way of points earned after Mosport.

Hearty congratulations to you, Clive! You did a fine job. :)

Cheers Doni, so did you!

Try hitting F5 to update the page.
Mezcua

Mensaje por Mezcua »

Enhorabuena Clive :bien: 2 de tres este año :diablo: :sidra:

Ahora nos queda ver como se alternan posiciones o no entre Sergio-Doni con solo 3 puntos entre ellos, y Pelle-Xug-Tago que por sus puntuaciones 35-32-30 pueden aun subir o bajar en la tabla

Congratulations Clive :bien: 2 of three this year :diablo: :sidra:

Now we have to see how they alternate positions or not between Sergio-Doni with only 3 points between them, and Pelle-Xug-Tago that by their scores 35-32-30 can still go up or down in the table

Nos vemos en Montjuich :wink: (alguno no sabe que Montjuich es donde nos examinamos para obtener el carnet de conducir en Barcelona) :prrr:

See you in Montjuich :wink: (some do not know that Montjuich is where we examine ourselves to obtain a driver's license in Barcelona) :prrr:
Clive Loynes

Thank you Jose.

It appears that the drivers of UKGPL have decided that the '55mod is too difficult for them so I may not have anything to race for the rest of the year. :(

Perhaps I should load the 65mod. I never did like it too much as it seemed that the cars were under-powered compared with the 67s.

Gracias jose

Parece que los conductores de UKGPL han decidido que el '55mod es demasiado difícil para ellos, por lo que es posible que no tenga nada para competir durante el resto del año. :(

Tal vez debería cargar el 65mod. Nunca me gustó demasiado ya que parecía que los autos tenían poca potencia en comparación con los 67s.
quico

Mensaje por quico »

Fine! We wait for you.

All that the mod has of less power, is more fun you have racing.
no corrais que es peor...
Clive Loynes

quico escribió:Fine! We wait for you.

All that the mod has of less power, is more fun you have racing.

LOL
I remember it as less fun because every small mistake cost you some speed and it took for ever to recover! :D
Responder