2019 F1 1967 - 02 - Brands Grand Prix

Los análisis de carrera oficiales, crónicas y comentarios de los pilotillos.
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

Well, that was a surprise! I had not intended to do any 67 races because I find that it spoils my technique with the 55mod. But I realised that I had a Tuesday night at home and alone and also that my next 55mod race is in two weeks at IMS, a circuit with four corners!

I established last season that I can't drive the Ferrari so needed something else. I had never done much with the Eagle as I had usually preferred the Lotus in my early GPL days.

At about an hour before the start I tried the Eagle on the server and found that the car provided by my old, preferred setup Guru was a difficult animal, to say the least. I then switched to a very old setup that was named 25Tdw. The 25T setups date from the early days of GPL. Thankfully this made my life much easier. :)

I found Sergio on the server and in between spins for both of us it seemed that I was near the pace.

I did qually on a half-race fuel load. Then I put the full race tankful in and spent about the last ten minutes trying to negotiate Surtees without finishing up on the grass. I don't think that I ever did!

I made a good start from 3rd on the grid and took a wide line around Paddock, expecting the inside to be full of Coopers! But going up to Druids my mirrors suggested that the opposition was not alongside.

Then I just drove it, carefully! I've never had a car that knew how to take Paddock, but this Eagle certainly did! After a while, I had a gap of about ten seconds to the next car back and that was eventually Tago. I didn't seem to be able to get away but at the same time, he didn't seem to be able to catch me either.

So great fun, and many thanks for making my empty evening so enjoyable.

Congratulations to Tago and Doni and commiserations to those who fell by the wayside.

I must investigate to see if I have any more 25T setups for the coming races as I will need to do all of them on zero practice and will need something easy to drive.

I must also tie my left leg to my chair to get back into 55 mode for my next outing!

Let's see what Google makes of that!

¡Bueno, eso fue una sorpresa! No tenía la intención de hacer 67 carreras porque me parece que estropea mi técnica con la 55mod. Pero me di cuenta de que tenía un martes por la noche en casa y solo, y también que mi próxima carrera de 55 modelos es en dos semanas en IMS, ¡un circuito con cuatro curvas!

Establecí la temporada pasada que no puedo conducir el Ferrari, así que necesitaba algo más. Nunca había hecho mucho con el Eagle, ya que normalmente prefería el Lotus en mis primeros días de GPL.

Aproximadamente una hora antes del inicio, probé el Eagle en el servidor y descubrí que el auto provisto por mi viejo y preferido Guru era un animal difícil, por decir lo menos. Entonces cambié a una configuración muy antigua que se llamó 25Tdw. Las configuraciones de 25T datan de los primeros días de la GPL. Afortunadamente esto hizo mi vida mucho más fácil. :)

Encontré a Sergio en el servidor y entre giros para los dos, parecía que estaba cerca del ritmo.

Hice qually en una carga de combustible de media carrera. Luego puse toda la carrera llena de tanques y pasé los últimos diez minutos tratando de negociar a los Surtees sin terminar en el césped. ¡No creo que lo haya hecho nunca!

Hice un buen comienzo desde el tercer lugar en la parrilla y tomé una amplia línea alrededor de Paddock, ¡esperando que el interior estuviera lleno de Coopers! Pero subiendo a los druidas, mis espejos sugirieron que la oposición no estaba al lado.

¡Entonces lo conduje, con cuidado! Nunca he tenido un auto que supiera cómo tomar Paddock, ¡pero este Águila ciertamente lo tuvo! Después de un tiempo, tuve un espacio de unos diez segundos para el siguiente coche de vuelta y finalmente fue Tago. No parecía poder escapar, pero al mismo tiempo, él tampoco parecía poder atraparme.

Muy divertido y muchas gracias por hacer que mi noche vacía sea tan agradable.

Felicitaciones a Tago y Doni y conmiseración a quienes se quedaron en el camino.

Debo investigar para ver si tengo más configuraciones de 25T para las próximas carreras ya que tendré que hacerlas todas en práctica cero y necesitaré algo fácil de manejar.

¡También debo atar mi pierna izquierda a mi silla para volver al modo 55 para mi próxima salida!
Clive Loynes

Mensaje por Clive Loynes »

GPL Weekly looks to have been repaired so I have uploaded the results.

But I get a slightly different points distribution for Brands.

I think that Tago should have a point for best improvement on grid position and also that I should have a point for the most consistent race?

Let me know if I have got it wrong. ;-)
Doni Yourth

Mensaje por Doni Yourth »

Congratulations to Clive on a good win! Is there such a thing as a bad win? :)

Great job by Tago to score a worthy P2. Well done.

A very lucky P3 for me as I largely profited from the misfortune of others. Poor Sergio. Luckless. And Tron seeming to have nothing but troubles, too.

I wasn't sure that I'd even enter this event as just a short time prior to, I'd been competing in GP65 cars with the GPLRacer group at the Jerez Bike circuit. This was a venue I'd never tried before and was keen to give it a spin. Spin is probably a bad choice of words here as I had two incidents on the first lap to fall miles behind and didn't factor in the results. Still, it was an experience. I was thinking that an entry to the PDLR Brands race was unlikely since Jerez is a 'busy' circuit with not much time to relax. I consider Brands likewise with very little opportunity to relax. This matters when you're 70 years old. :)

As it turned out, I still felt fresh enough after the Jerez race to give our GP67 event a trial. That I even finished without incident is a bit of a surprise.

Next event on our schedule is Spa67. The GPLRacer gang is hosting a GP65 event on the Trenton oval just prior to our PDLR race. While I fully expect that the oval race will be tiring, the fact that Spa gives one a chance to take a breather on the long straights gives me hope of an entry. CYA there!

Doni
Those who do not learn from history will be condemned to relive its mistakes.
Xug

Mensaje por Xug »

Clive Loynes escribió:I think that Tago should have a point for best improvement on grid position and also that I should have a point for the most consistent race?
You're right, Clive, I wanted to upload the results the same night because I had some busy days coming, and I forgot these 2 points, thx!
An eventful afternoon for you Doni, with a good resul tafter all :)
Suertes desiguales para unos y otros, incidentes y diversión repartidos aquí y allá... that's racing, no?
:piloto:
Imagen
Responder